Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, after more than a year of this sitting in and around my room (yeah, serious jet lag), its finally done with. They have a 3 and 6 way adjustable hood prop available, but they are pricey. i think the 3 way is about $65 while the 6 way is about $70, but don't quote me on pricing. I managed to find mine brand spanking new for $25 shipped if i remember right, off some random forum from a private seller i searched online. but anyways, all i really cared about was that it locked in different places without worrying that it will fall back down unlike like the hydraulic.

here are the pictures so you can see. comments and questions are welcomed if i can answer it.

close up

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
blackaccord said:
very nice
and now i am VERY INTERESTED in where you got it for $25 shipped
it was from a private seller, only had one available. so i got REALLY REALLY lucky. :) i don't even know what site it even was..

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DV8 said:
that's a total+ for CF hoods :)
it is, because when my hood is up, i always worry about it falling when i am around. and it has fallen on my head before. also, this will also work on regular oem hoods as well.

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it was really easy. the only problem i had was taking the nut off the oem shock off. it didnt want to come off, so i had to mount it on the other side instead. and i lost the screws to it came with, so i had to go out of the way to get some.. pretty much if you can take off the nut, your good to go.

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
so you've got this hood prop on one side...and the oem gas shock on the other side?

·
Ricky
1,402 Posts
I just put it up 90degrees & hope the slightest wind doesnt blow ;) ahha . Nah I have a prop ha :p .. but b4 the prop, dont think that the damn hood hasnt feel on my head/face a few times before :angry: !! Trial & Error ahha .. I like the one stock shock tho, I should try that. It just doesnt seem like it would be that secure of a mount, where it mounts to the hood, after you drill out the hole for it. hell I dunno, i havent done it so !

and damn you kiet & your 5 way adjustable mounted prop :p .. Your so special ;) !

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i dont like the oem one. just because it seems like its on the way if your working on something near there..

·
Ricky
1,402 Posts
Smokedout said:
I just put it up 90degrees & hope the slightest wind doesnt blow ;) ahha . Nah I have a prop ha :p .. but b4 the prop, dont think that the damn hood hasnt feel on my head/face a few times before :angry: !! Trial & Error ahha .. I like the one stock shock tho, I should try that. It just doesnt seem like it would be that secure of a mount, where it mounts to the hood, after you drill out the hole for it. hell I dunno, i havent done it so !

and damn you kiet & your 5 way adjustable mounted prop :p .. Your so special ;) !
AHHA :laugh: I was actually replying to dudes :CF hood install thread" . I just noticed I posted it here cause Kiet left the link to this there. ahha whoops :p ..

soo now that I actually know what thread im posting on, Nice prop Kiet :hide2: ! .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts