Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm deciding between alphawerks and comptech for headers right now...

The comptechs are $1050, and the alphawerks would be in the ballpark of $500.

I want the headers, but just can't seem to bring myself to shell out $1050 for the CT's.

So here's my dilemma, how is the long term quality on the Alphawerks? If I'm not mistaken, they've been available for the J30 engines for quite awhile, and they've only been available for my J32 engine for a maximum of 10 months.

I don't want to shell out $500 for headers, another $100 for installs, and fine hairline cracks running down the welds a year or two later.

I intend to drive my 3.2CL-s into the ground ... for probably another 4-5 years or so.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Well, you have to remember that Comptech Headers are the only CARB leagal headers out there. With that in mind, I have heard nothing but good reviews about the Alphawerks Headers. I myself was going to get them but ended up getting the megans just because they are way cheaper, and will give me time to get the comptechs. So, i say just try to save more money and hit the comptechs. They are by far the Best quality in headers out there (they have to be, $1100 for them...>><?>)

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
The Alphawerks headers look like they are built relatively well so I'm assuming that you won't have a problem there. You might run into trouble when it's time to do the emissions tests. Comptech makes the only CARB legal headers so if you want no hassle - Comptech, if you want impressive gains but the emissions poopoo - Alphawerks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts