Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
hella flush
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im looking to purchase a car alarm system for my 7th gen accord, and was just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for car alarms. i want to spend around 2-3 bills on it max. im thinking about getting a viper alarm, but dont know much about alarm systems. also want REMOTE START :D appreciate if ppl gave me some feedback, thanks.

·
Registered
305 Posts
lilfotoman said:
im looking to purchase a car alarm system for my 7th gen accord, and was just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for car alarms. i want to spend around 2-3 bills on it max. im thinking about getting a viper alarm, but dont know much about alarm systems. appreciate if ppl gave me some feedback, thanks.

the viper 791xv is a very popular system, keyless/security/remote start if you have an automatic.....you would be looking at 500+ at best buy or circuit city, but you could purchase parts on ebay for probably 250 and find a shop to put it in for under 150.....

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
i got the clifford matric rsx 3.5...and i love it...remote start, and 2 way paging is all you need! btw if u have stick u can buy it too....just dont park in gear!

·
hella flush
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wayne73 said:
the viper 791xv is a very popular system, keyless/security/remote start if you have an automatic.....you would be looking at 500+ at best buy or circuit city, but you could purchase parts on ebay for probably 250 and find a shop to put it in for under 150.....
thanks bro, appreciate the comment, ill start looking around

·
hella flush
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
accord03 said:
i got the clifford matric rsx 3.5...and i love it...remote start, and 2 way paging is all you need! btw if u have stick u can buy it too....just dont park in gear!
how much did u go it for?!?!

·
central Cali accords
2,747 Posts
Got mine from here.. 2 way pager, shock sensor, window rollup, motion sensor in interior. Thought about it, but didn't want the remote start..

www.asianwolf.com

·
hella flush
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mista jc said:
Got mine from here.. 2 way pager, shock sensor, window rollup, motion sensor in interior. Thought about it, but didn't want the remote start..

www.asianwolf.com
thanks, ill check out the site

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Whatever you do, get an alarm with a pager. Otherwise the other cheap alarms will be useless. Especially here in SoCal where everyone has those annoying alarms that make the weird sounds, no one even cares since they go off at every little thing. At least with the pager youll know whats going on.

·
hella flush
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maying856 said:
Whatever you do, get an alarm with a pager. Otherwise the other cheap alarms will be useless. Especially here in SoCal where everyone has those annoying alarms that make the weird sounds, no one even cares since they go off at every little thing. At least with the pager youll know whats going on.
good looking out, yeah i was gonna get the ones with the pagers. thanks

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
rsx 3.5 matrix > viper 791xv cuz it has the CF type rmote control/pager! :D viper has the crappy blue ones!

·
hella flush
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kleptodathief said:
rsx 3.5 matrix > viper 791xv cuz it has the CF type rmote control/pager! :D viper has the crappy blue ones!
yah i saw it. it looks sweet

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
hahaha.....

i wonder what would happen if you left it in 1st and then tryed to remote start... It would stall prety much no doubt... but... How far would it jossle?

SOMEONE DO IT! haha

E

·
-____-"
235 Posts
if your close to me in Socal in the 626 area my installer can probably give you the 791xv for about 320 installed or around there, of course i get a better price then 320, but thats cause i went through a few cars with him, he taught the basics to installing it, but haven't gotten the chance to try it out yet... PM me if you want his #

·
central Cali accords
2,747 Posts
ericspda said:
hahaha.....

i wonder what would happen if you left it in 1st and then tryed to remote start... It would stall prety much no doubt... but... How far would it jossle?

SOMEONE DO IT! haha

E

That reminds me when my buddy first got his 88 rx7 he had the remote start and MIDAS unfortunately one of the young punks that didn't know what he was doing remote started it while in first. His car flew forward about 7-10 ft and hit a red tool cabinet. My buddy argued that they should fix his bumper and they didn't want to since it's illegal for MT cars + remote start.

He js dipped out of there without paying the bill plus he had no plates. LMAO.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts