Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
NINJA STATUS
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, about a week ago my bypass valve on my aem cai came loose, so i checked it and found out that the rubber part of the bypass valve was broken so there's no way i can put it back together, i would have to buy a new one. Me and some v6p members removed the lower pipe and just added the filter onto the top pipe, converting it to short ram but now when i drive i feel like if it lost a lot of power. It wouldn't pull as much as before and i have no clue why this happened, does anybody know?

·
Registered
469 Posts
well i thought it would be just the short ram. the short ram is sucking in hotter air. also with the short ram you dont get as much high end hp than a cold air intake however you get more torque. This might explain the difference from when we changed it to short ram.

·
NINJA STATUS
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i still like the cold air feel, i dunno but is there any way i could clean out some of the dirty air the engine sucked in when the bypass valve broke?

·
constantly in pursuit
4,250 Posts
ok, im sorry, i thought i was being funny
Placebo
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
For alternative meanings, see Placebo (disambiguation)
A placebo, from the Latin for "I will please", is a medical treatment (operation, therapy, chemical solution, pill, etc.), which is administered as if it were a therapy, but which has no therapeutic value other than the placebo effect.
i was basically saying it might all be in your head.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts