Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I read a bunch of diy but there all different from my Ebay harness and tried going off them anyways and by using the OEM instructions still lost a little bit.

I have these two connectors on the switch harness which I don't know where they connect too and nothing on the fog light harness close to it

also I have these two wires that had a connector on them but I cut them off I was assuming they go to the fog light harness with the matching colors...because on the fog light harness there's two wires sticking out, one end is connected to a relay with pins, a black wire with a pin, red and a blue with pins, the blue and black pins I put into the 14 pin connector from the fuse box since those wires came out the same relay and I put the red pin into the 20 pin connector since its coming out its own relay....

now i'm left with a red and blue wire coming out a white plastic connection? one end is running through the fog light harness, the other end its just those two red and blue writes connected to nothing? is this going to the wires in the pix?

i'm thinking about just splicing into my parking light if its easier?? but can't find a detail diy on it matching close to my wires

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had to go to Honda dealer and buy the OEM harness. From what i heard Ebay harness is for the Euro accord not ours. Sorry bro good luck with that.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Here is how I got my mess of an eBay fog wiring to work...I got quoted a ridiculous amount to buy an OEM harness and switch ($270-350) from different dealers so I used the eBay switch (modded to fit) I grabbed the eBay harness and cannibalized it and made my own harness.

First you will need a bosch style 5 prong relay like this one.

and the connector for it...

And an inline fuse (I went with 30A same ad the relay)

I used this diagram...

Cut the eBay harness so you have a separate ground lead for each fog light, wire up the relay as shown. Now you only need the green connector that goes into the switch, and you only use three wires out of that. Here are the ones you use..(Ignore the blue connector this picture was from a guide for eBay wiring to OEM switch, look at the green connector)

(Your wire colors maybe different but their orientation and purpose will be the same on the connector)
The black is ground, the yellow is the remote (or ign wire as shown on the other diagram) , I spliced this into my cigarette lighter so I can turn the fogs on whenever the key is in the ignition. The red wire goes out to the relay as shown. Ignore the indicator bit of that diagram. Then your done.
Mine came with like 10048393 connectors (like the one in your pic OP) the only ones i used were the ones that plug into the bulbs and the switch connector...cut off the rest and toss em.

·
Registered
257 Posts
It's not as bad as it looks took me about an hour and a half to cut, solder, heat shrink, and install it in the vehicle. Plus it's alot less wires to hide.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I never like going with aftermarket harnesses always go with the dealer stuff saves time and headaches.. It like $15 more for a oem harness

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i found where most of the aftermarket stuff plug into but still didn't work so I'll just go with that diagram looks pretty easy...one question what wire from the foglight harnesd are you connecting to 87 on the relay? and are the relays that came with the fog lights no longer needed?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ok I can't draw one ATM but here is the best step by step I can do.

YOU ONLY NEED THE FOG CONNECTORS (and their red and black wires)
AND THE GREEN SWITCH CONNECTOR (and the three wires as shown in the above diagram)
CUT EVERYTHING ELSE OFF RELAYS/BLUE CONNECTORS/WHITE CONNECTORS ECT...REMOVE ALL THE WIRES FROM THE GREEN CONNECTOR EXCEPT THE ONES SHOWN IN THE ABOVE PICTURE AND CUT OFF ANYTHING THESE THREE WIRES ATTACH TO AT THE OTHER END AS THEY WILL NOT BE NEEDED

You may need extra wire so buy a roll. It's cheap anyways.

First off:
1) KEEP the foglight connectors and the black and red wires coming off of them, but cut the black ground wire so each foglight has it's own ground, as seen in the above diagram.

2)Leave the red wire on them as is, but cut it where it meets up with the eBay relay. This wire goes to the 87 prong on the new relay.

3)Run a ground wire (you can use a scrap wire you cut out of the old harness for this) from the 86 prong on the relay to a good ground. I used the same ground as the battery.

4) Run a wire from the 30 prong on the relay and tie it into your inline fuse (30 amp fuse size is what I recommend) then tie another wire to the other end of the fuse to the positive on the battery.

5)Run one wire from the 85 prong into the dash area and connect it to the red wire on the green switch connector (your color maybe different refer to the picture of the green connector to see the location of the wire I'm talking about)

--TAKE A BREAK HAVE A BEER THE HARD PART AND ENGINE BAY ARE DONE--

6)Run one wire from the yellow wire on the connector (again yours maybe a different color refer to the diagram for the position of the wire) and run it to a remote 12V source. If you run It to your parklight positive wire for example you will be able to turn the fogs on whenever the parklights are on. I ran it to my cigarette lighter positive so I can turn my foglights on whenever my key is turned to ACC. Lowbeams on or off, high beams on or off it doesn't matter I can even run with just fogs on.

7)Run the black wire on the green connector to ground and voila your done.

RECAP: RELAY

30 = to battery with inline 30A fuse.
85 = to red wire on green switch connector
86 = to ground
87 = to foglight connector red wires
87a = not used.

Hope this helps.

·
Give me a AK-47, NOW!
61 Posts
Bumping an old post but I ended up foglights with this ****ty harness. I've hacked it up and did something similar to this but my lights arent working correctly and sometimes not at all.

My wiring is connected the same as the above post but I'm using an oem switch with this harness.

Wire on left (blue) is connected to 85. Yellow wire is tapped into rear window fuse with a "add a fuse"(i have a coupe). And final wire is the ground.

Anyone know see what I might have done wrong?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts