Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 2000 Accord LX V6. She just recently got her alternator fixed because her car pretty much went dead. Supposedly her car got a new alternator and new battery.

However, now she gets a loud sound during acceleration, coasting, and braking. It is actually louder when she brakes. The noise can be heard over her radio on the fwy (thats how loud the noise is in general). However, sometimes the sound is not happen ALL the time but most of the time.

The noise can be described as a whirring noise.

I have a feeling that shop didn't fix the alternator nor replace it. Could the noise be the timing belt? Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If the alternative belt put on too tight--it can make a lot of noises and caused the alternator bearing to goes bad.

Or that could be a defective alternator. Sometime they do sucky job on remanufactured the alternator and ship it out to the market.

Anyways, that just my opinion. If they didn't do anything with the timing belt, it wouldn't related to the timing belt though. Better if she bring it back and let them it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts