Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of lowering my car (05 coupe) to 1" to 1.5". Wonder which is the best suspension for the job? Thinking of HFP (but heard many said tht the front is higher than the back), HKS and tein.

Wht do u guys think?

Thanks

·
Pedal damn it
3,913 Posts
tanabe =)

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
flyvtec said:
Whole car:
Hm. You know, if you hadn't given that picture a caption, I think I would've gotten really confused.

"Is the the front, or the back, maybe a combination of the two?" ;D

nice drop. you also get points for no getting the same springs as everyone else!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will be having a full body kit... so i think if more than 1.5" will be a little bit more. Anyone knows whether HKS any good?

·
Registered
882 Posts
OwAce said:
take a flame torch and cut your springs. it costs you nothing if you DIY..
Cutting springs is the perfect solution for people who want the slammed look while keeping the stock ride. It's cheap, and you don't get any wanky higher spring rates. In fact, by keeping the stock soft spring rate, you get better feedback from each wheel, and you can better gauge the balance of the car at the limit. By transferring more weight, you can corner harder and put the power to the ground better. The key to proper suspension tuning, as all good racecar engineers, is in the bumpstops. If you can properly tune your force to displacement curve, you can maximize tractive effort without affecting the amount of road harshness you transmit to the cabin. The suspension will be more compliant over midcorner bumps, keeping the car settled better, and the tires can therefore grip harder. You can also keep the stock damping ratio, which was already optimally engineered for overshoot, rise time, and settling time. What more could you ask for?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have the HFP and I think it is great. The thing that people talk about the front not being lower than the back is crap. If you have a V6 6Speed then go with the HFP. If not don't. That is a big part of the problem that people keep having. The HFP's were made for the 6 speeds suspension. Check out www.tirerack.com and look for the eibach pro-system. It has the springs and shocks. That is what I was going to get, however they were on backorder in November when I was getting it done. I think the drop is 1.3 front and 1.2 rear. Just about where you want to be. :up:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was worried about dropping it and finding I wasn't satisfied with the height (either too low or not low enough). So I went with the Tein SS-P's which are adjustable. That allowed me to see how the car settled, and see how much lower I wanted to go. For me it was a much bigger issue because the hills in SF would kill my car if I dropped it too low. As is I think I'm dropped 1.5-2 inches. The SS-P's (and Tein SS's) are both adjustable but will cost you more than other setups where you buy the springs and shocks separate. But, since they are just one pre-assembled piece it made installation extremely easy which saved me labor costs because I could confidently do the install myself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts