Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm planning on putting 17'' rims on my Accord and was just wondering how low i should drop my car to make it look good...
not too low just so the rims fit the wheel well.

·
Large Member
505 Posts
mastadulog said:
i have pro-kits they drop em pretty low i have 2 finger gap in the back 3 in the front
Pro kits dropped your car lower in the back than the front? I'm seriously thinking of switching to Pro Kits from the Progress springs I have now. I'm sitting about 2.5 inches lower than stock. Damned car looks good but the ride sucks. My AGXs can't handle the drop. Eibach says the Pro Kits will lower our car 1.4 inches, front and back. An extra inch of travel from where I'm at now should make all the difference as far as ride quality.

Do you have any good pictures of how your car sits, mastadulog?

·
Large Member
505 Posts
Thanks Masta. I'd like to talk to you more about this. Your car really looks about as low as mine so I'm wondering about how yours rides. I've probably asked you this already but are you running AGXs? If you can tell me your car rides fairly smoothly and doesn't bottom out in the front over typical bumps in the road, I'll go with the Pro Kits. I just want a little more travel and a spring that will recover gracefully from a bump rather than let the shock hit its bump stops. I'm not talking about huge bumps in the road, just typical.

·
the Lost Sol
2,198 Posts
mastadulog said:
i have pro-kits they drop em pretty low i have 2 finger gap in the back 3 in the front
wow thats alotta gap w/ springs? i got stock springs: 2finger gap rear and 3.5 front

·
the Lost Sol
2,198 Posts
GAllo: mastagulog got Illuminas (from Omega) not AGXs

·
Large Member
505 Posts
Vi8_KhanhCord said:
GAllo: mastagulog got Illuminas (from Omega) not AGXs
Thanks, man. I guess it doesn't really matter whether its Illuminas or AGXs, its ultimately the spring that determines how low the car is. I'm all about the ride quality, at this point. As long as I'm not going to be driving a 4x4. :D

·
bryan <3's bomex
6,071 Posts
i'm not really one concerned with ride quality, i have em on the stiffest setting and lemme tell you my passengers gimme that 'what the hell did you do to your car look' lol. i feel pretty much every bump in the ground but thats b/c of the low pros combined with this. i rarely bottom out unless i'm going a lil fast and other than that i know which bumps to take at an angle so you should be fine

·
Large Member
505 Posts
mastadulog said:
i'm not really one concerned with ride quality, i have em on the stiffest setting and lemme tell you my passengers gimme that 'what the hell did you do to your car look' lol. i feel pretty much every bump in the ground but thats b/c of the low pros combined with this. i rarely bottom out unless i'm going a lil fast and other than that i know which bumps to take at an angle so you should be fine
I know what you mean about passengers giving you grief about your car. My mom makes comments about my car every time I take her somewhere. "Why did you ruin your car by lowering it" is her most common comment. lol I scrape my exhaust every time I go up a decent driveway and forget going over speed bumps, I avoid 'em like the plague.

I don't bottom out completely but it just seems my front springs are too weak to support the weight of the engine and the car itself. The back is fine. I like how your car looks so I'll go get some Pro Kits installed and take some new pics. ;)

·
bryan <3's bomex
6,071 Posts
Gallo said:
I know what you mean about passengers giving you grief about your car. My mom makes comments about my car every time I take her somewhere. "Why did you ruin your car by lowering it" is her most common comment. lol I scrape my exhaust every time I go up a decent driveway and forget going over speed bumps, I avoid 'em like the plague.

I don't bottom out completely but it just seems my front springs are too weak to support the weight of the engine and the car itself. The back is fine. I like how your car looks so I'll go get some Pro Kits installed and take some new pics. ;)
haha yea i know how you feel about parents. cant wait to see those new pics up! :D

·
Large Member
505 Posts
By the way, Mastadulog, did you ever get a new center cap for your wheel? I noticed in your sig its missing. Or was that it a conscious decision to leave it off?

·
bryan <3's bomex
6,071 Posts
haha, theres a long story behind that, but since im in a good mood i shall share :D

day after i got my car lowered i decided to go take some pics. first i stopped by this parking lot near my house and i took a couple of shots. then i went to a different lot (the one in the above pics) and noticed my right front center cap somehow fell off. must've been a bad reinstallation or somethin but it didnt really bother me, so i took off my front left one and went to this authorized seller for racinghart. i spoke to the guy and told him what happened and he said hed get me one the upcoming weekend. that same weekend i went to the place and he said theyd have it for me the week after. so i wait a week and call the place up and the guy tells me he still doesnt have them in and he'd call me back when they get em. so at this point im a little agitated so i decided to use my money to work on my system instead of waiting for these damn things

·
Large Member
505 Posts
mastadulog said:
haha, theres a long story behind that, but since im in a good mood i shall share :D

day after i got my car lowered i decided to go take some pics. first i stopped by this parking lot near my house and i took a couple of shots. then i went to a different lot (the one in the above pics) and noticed my right front center cap somehow fell off. must've been a bad reinstallation or somethin but it didnt really bother me, so i took off my front left one and went to this authorized seller for racinghart. i spoke to the guy and told him what happened and he said hed get me one the upcoming weekend. that same weekend i went to the place and he said theyd have it for me the week after. so i wait a week and call the place up and the guy tells me he still doesnt have them in and he'd call me back when they get em. so at this point im a little agitated so i decided to use my money to work on my system instead of waiting for these damn things
That's typical of most of the shops around here too. You weren't looking to spend a grand on new wheels or tires so the guy forgot all about you and moved on to bigger and better things.

I wonder if Racing Hart would do anything for you?

·
bryan <3's bomex
6,071 Posts
nah i called up dazz motorsports and they gave me a number for a distributor, then they gave me a couple of numbers for some shops and thats the only one that would help me out. i still have a 30 dollar deposit i made so im still entitled to getting them.

also, i dunno if any of you guys do this, but if a passenger is pissing me off i usually take all the bumps and dips on the passenger side of the car :p

·
Large Member
505 Posts
mastadulog said:
nah i called up dazz motorsports and they gave me a number for a distributor, then they gave me a couple of numbers for some shops and thats the only one that would help me out. i still have a 30 dollar deposit i made so im still entitled to getting them.

also, i dunno if any of you guys do this, but if a passenger is pissing me off i usually take all the bumps and dips on the passenger side of the car :p
Naww, I just make quick left turns and slam their heads into the passenger door window. :p

·
the Lost Sol
2,198 Posts
damn same thing is happening to me. i ordered the f*cking WW lip like 2 months ago or so and still got nothing. They kept saying the WWs people are having back order problems. And kept telling me to call back next week and next week and next...etc..*sigh* so i've been driving around w/o the freaking front kit. its not bad but it'd be much better w/ the front. Stupid me i paid all the money at once.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts