Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
slow CORD grl said:
i have magnaflow muffler ...

its alright .. iono .. its kidna deep but a lil raspy ... its blah iono .. im getting rid of it =]

you must have a different kind.. my magnaflow is close to stock.. hear alittle bit at engine start and 2-3k then nothin. i think its just for looks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a magnaflow exhaust. I opted for a custom 2.75 inch cat bcak with a set of magnaflows. The mufflers are much more noticable then stock both visually and sound. There is a bit of highway drone but nothing to bad. NICE AND DEEP throaty sound. Pics of is are in my gallery. I had the pipes powder coated so that you only see the mufflers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I cut off my resonator because I was trying to get more hp and a deeper tone. However, there is no difference and I have lost some torque. Anybody with some advise? I have 04 v6 accord.

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
i cut of my resonator and my pre-muffler and had no problems at all with lost tourqe...and I have a V6 6-speed so don't know what to tell ya and i got a louder deeper tone with mine...but i have the borla catback setup which is now borla from the axleback and custom from the cat to axle

·
Registered
151 Posts
morgan said:
I cut off my resonator because I was trying to get more hp and a deeper tone. However, there is no difference and I have lost some torque. Anybody with some advise? I have 04 v6 accord.
For better flow (more power) and better sound you may want to put a set of "resonator" type mufflers like the Comptech's. The stock mufflers are "baffle" type and restrict flow at high RPM's. It really doesn't get much louder though. Some people have taken out the pre-muffler that's just back of the rear mufflers. This makes the car louder but adds in some highway drone or resonance - your call, but for what I think is a nice sound and added power without losing torque replace the pipe between the front resonator and rear pre-muffler, that pipe is only about a 1 3/4 in. dia. and is the most restrictive, the rest of the piping is about 2 in. dia. I also tried removing the front resonator and running a straight 2 1/4 in. dia. pipe back to the pre-muffler but it just got a lot louder and I lost a lot of torque. You'll notice the stock pipe is bent, my muffler guy said this is to reduce resonance and after cutting out the stock pipe and replacing it with straight pipe I did gain a lot of resonance so I believe he was right. I actually added back in the original front resonator AND another light weight resonator so now I have straight unrestricted flow and it sounds great with no loss of torque. Although after all this time and money I should have just went out and bought the full Comptech catback to begin with!

Good luck! :)

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
i just replaced the down pipe from the flex pipe back to the y joint with 2.25 piping. worked very well for me and i love the sound. didnt notice any loss whatsoever. felt that 6th gear was freed up a lot more in the post 2.5 k rpm mark.

i have the worst butt dyno in the world though.

·
Registered
151 Posts
OwAce said:
i just replaced the down pipe from the flex pipe back to the y joint with 2.25 piping. worked very well for me and i love the sound. didnt notice any loss whatsoever. felt that 6th gear was freed up a lot more in the post 2.5 k rpm mark.

i have the worst butt dyno in the world though.
Hi OwAce,

Yea, with straight 2.25 pipe it did seem to rip at the top end but I spend a lot of time commuting in light traffic running from 60 mph to 80 mph in 6th and when the car drops below 70 I got an awful sounding loud resonance, so I put the resonator back in and the resonance got much quieter....the only reason my wife puts up with it is because I get better gas mileage, which means more money for her to spend on shoes!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
TorontoV6 said:
I have a magnaflow exhaust. I opted for a custom 2.75 inch cat bcak with a set of magnaflows. The mufflers are much more noticable then stock both visually and sound. There is a bit of highway drone but nothing to bad. NICE AND DEEP throaty sound. Pics of is are in my gallery. I had the pipes powder coated so that you only see the mufflers.
what kinda tips are those? there alot bigger than the ones i have.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Brad said:
Hi OwAce,

Yea, with straight 2.25 pipe it did seem to rip at the top end but I spend a lot of time commuting in light traffic running from 60 mph to 80 mph in 6th and when the car drops below 70 I got an awful sounding loud resonance, so I put the resonator back in and the resonance got much quieter....the only reason my wife puts up with it is because I get better gas mileage, which means more money for her to spend on shoes!

really my resonance sound a lot like when nash bridges would pull away in his cuda. like literally it sounds like a v8 burbling away if im in 2nd gear at 10 mph and i floor it, or if im crusing at 55 in 6th and i floor it. i love that burble resonating from the mid section.
:cool:

·
Registered
88 Posts
spec7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoV6

what kinda tips are those? there alot bigger than the ones i have.

spec7
The mufflers are 5x11 Race Series Stainless with a 4" double-walled stright cut tip. The cat-back for our cars had a chessey single walled tip and looked not much better then stock. IMO!

·
Registered
151 Posts
OwAce said:
really my resonance sound a lot like when nash bridges would pull away in his cuda. like literally it sounds like a v8 burbling away if im in 2nd gear at 10 mph and i floor it, or if im crusing at 55 in 6th and i floor it. i love that burble resonating from the mid section.
:cool:
OwAce you're an ANIMAL!!!! :vampire:

I bet if you could get away with it you would just put license plates on a 700 HP Winston Cup Car!!!! :crash:

Who needs AC???? :up:

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Brad said:
OwAce you're an ANIMAL!!!! :vampire:

I bet if you could get away with it you would just put license plates on a 700 HP Winston Cup Car!!!! :crash:

Who needs AC???? :up:
who needs plates? hehe id actually try to hop into a Formula 1 car before anything else. Stock Cars bore me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
OwAce said:
who needs plates? hehe id actually try to hop into a Formula 1 car before anything else. Stock Cars bore me.
I was thinking if you painted it black you could almost (?) pass the Cup Car off as a highly modified Chevy Monte Carlo....I think the cop would take a second look at an F1 car screaming down the road.......your call...... :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have the Magnaflow catback, and I love it. It looks tight, and it's a LOT louder than my stock setup. This might be helped by the fact that I have a Short Ram intake, and Stainless headers too.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Brad said:
I was thinking if you painted it black you could almost (?) pass the Cup Car off as a highly modified Chevy Monte Carlo....I think the cop would take a second look at an F1 car screaming down the road.......your call...... :)
yeah, but could they catch you? :devil:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts