Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Humble
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im about to put some Mufflers on my 03 v6 coupe. I Really want to put the magnaflows cause they sound perfect to me, not ricey or REAL loud like some mufflers. Im also gonna have an Aem v2 Intake with that, and im doing the install by myself since i have my own shop. But my question is, Which muffler would i get? Any one here with an Magnaflow muffler? Think i can get the part #? Or can i just go with an universal muffler?

·
Registered
33 Posts
How much did that setup run you (parts and labor)?
Well I bought the mufflers for $130 plus tax each (x2), and the piping from the converter back cost $140 parts and labor. Overall it came to around $430 or so with taxes and everything for the whole setup. I bought the mufflers from a local parts shop but you can probably find them online even cheaper.

7gv6coupe: I'm very satisfied with the sound, it's very deep and throaty. Very aggressive sounding. I get alot of compliments for it! There is very little drone on the highway but it doesn't really bother me.

·
Humble
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well I bought the mufflers for $130 plus tax each (x2), and the piping from the converter back cost $140 parts and labor. Overall it came to around $430 or so with taxes and everything for the whole setup. I bought the mufflers from a local parts shop but you can probably find them online even cheaper.

7gv6coupe: I'm very satisfied with the sound, it's very deep and throaty. Very aggressive sounding. I get alot of compliments for it! There is very little drone on the highway but it doesn't really bother me.
Yeah but what I meant was like if I got just the mufflers with out the piping that u got and the resonator delete yenno? Will it still sound good?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah but what I meant was like if I got just the mufflers with out the piping that u got and the resonator delete yenno? Will it still sound good?
Yeah it should sound just as good. I don't think the piping should make too much of a difference to the sound. My only concern though is the inlet of the muffler is 2.25'' and the stock piping is 1.75''...that's the main reason I upgraded my piping, but I guess you can always try to fit a sleeve and expand one part to fit the muffler and clamp the other to the existing piping. Does your shop have a pipe expander?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Any of you guys used flowmasters before? My friends dad works for them and can get me a good deal. Any opinions?

·
Registered
16 Posts
yea i agree with mike the best sound i got was form my magnaflow exhaust and it cost me about the same. i dont know exactly which one i have there but i think its the universal and i love the sound. i also have no resignators tho and a test pipe with a SRI costum

·
Registered
27 Posts
Be careful with Magnaflow. I bought a catback system for my '07 AV6 6MT sedan. I like the performance of the system but was a little disappointed with the welding splatter on the rear facing part of the mufflers. I tried to work it out with Magnaflow but didn't get anywhere. PM me if you have any further questions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Magnaflow

Magnaflow does have a cat-back system for Gen7 Accords. When I went to Magnaflow's website, I used their dealer finder feature to find someone within 50 miles to try to buy from. I called the closest to me first. They were very unprofessional on the phone, and stated that they did not have the product, and their truck would not be back till Monday, and they could not give me a price until the truck came with the item..... They could not price it before they got it...... The other dealer's phone number was no longer in service. I called Magnaflow's contact number and talked to someone, and they said that the dealer should have called their distributor for a price. I asked them for a price but they said that they were only the manufacturer and could not give me a price, and suggested that I call Summit or some other dealer for a price. I visited Summits website and keyed in Magnaflow's part number, it came up with a price of $690.07.
Being one who would buy locally if possible, it caused me a lot of problems today, just wanting a price.
The price does not fit the ROI that I have planned for mods to my vehicle.
I hope you all have better luck than I.

·
Humble
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm looking at just the mufflers # 14832. Anyone running them? I wanna do just the mufflers not the catback.

·
Picture Perfect
1,758 Posts
A buddy of mine had his stock exhausts replaced with some straight tubing. Otherwise his exhaust is completelly stock. It's quiet until you get on it. Then it has a nice roar. He said best $40 he's spent.

·
Humble
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like a nice idea. I'm thinking of just chopping the stock mufflers and welding on the magnaflows. How would that sound.

·
Mr. Detail
1,138 Posts
Had a Magnaflow on my '90 Accord (also had a DC Sport header) without a resonator and it was insanely loud. I was back in 3 days getting a resonator installed too. Quieted it down a lot but it did drone on the freeway. Ended up swapping the Magnaflow out for a Vortec turbo style muffler. Much quieter, my AEM CAI was louder when I got on it. Zero drone, no engine noise to speak of at freeway speeds.

If you mostly drive in town, its probably not an issue but on a 1000 mile road trip, a loud exhaust can be really annoying and you might want to go with something quieter if you regularly travel on the freeways.

·
Humble
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not sure of how it would sound by just chopping the stock mufflers and leaving the cat and resonator on. Some people say it'll be too quiet some day it will sound good. So I'm confused.

·
Picture Perfect
1,758 Posts
I'm not sure of how it would sound by just chopping the stock mufflers and leaving the cat and resonator on. Some people say it'll be too quiet some day it will sound good. So I'm confused.
Do it, worse thing is you buy a set of mufflers. Make sure that if you have the stock cans cut and replaced with a straight pipe that the tips extend past the bumper. Simione had some crazy drone that was caused by the exhaust sound being trapped in the bumper and reverberating into the cabin.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts