Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just a single 14829 magnaflow muffler on my i4 coupe, i wasn't satisfied at because it was too quiet, so i got the premuffler removed the other day,
didn't change the piping or anything else,
now i think i may want to put the pre muffler back on, it is a little to loud for me

i would like something inbetween what i had with just the magnaflow muffler with pre muffler and now without pre muffler

if i put the premuffler back on and changed to 2.25'' piping from the pre muffler back to the muffler, would that make it sound louder?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
i have just a single 14829 magnaflow muffler on my i4 coupe, i wasn't satisfied at because it was too quiet, so i got the premuffler removed the other day,
didn't change the piping or anything else,
now i think i may want to put the pre muffler back on, it is a little to loud for me

i would like something inbetween what i had with just the magnaflow muffler with pre muffler and now without pre muffler

if i put the premuffler back on and changed to 2.25'' piping from the pre muffler back to the muffler, would that make it sound louder?
What size piping do you have now?

·
Low Balla
112 Posts
welcome to my world every time the car get crank on in the morning i can feel the vibration all the way up stair. since my bed is directly above the garage. i wish i knew this before i got rid of the resonator and install that damn muffler. but sometime the vibration does feel good in the morning for some reason

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
Go Borla...
I agree. Pretty deep, not super loud...if you want to make it louder just cut out the pre-muffler and resonator and replace it with some straight piping and you're set.

I'm happy with it with Richie's J-Pipe/Test Pipe combo w/ the pre-muffler and resonator still on. Very deep below 4krpms, then the intake/engine sound takes over. Doesn't drone on the highway at all. Just my .02

Can definitely feel a nice gain when I installed it up top - really lets the car breathe. Stomping it at 3-3.5k rpms in 2nd gear is now my favorite thing to do :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts