Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, newbbie here.

I just finished the long trudge on a transmission rebuild (6 speed MT). The car is running great now that it's back together but I had an idling issue that became more prevalent after the transmission was freshened up and tight again. Ended up just being a simple throttle body clean out, but I noticed that it was absolutely caked! I guarantee that the thing has never been cleaned before (255k miles).

This got me thinking, what other maintenance like this should I be on the lookout for? The owners before me were meticulous in maintenance and I even have all the records for shop visits, but it seems like they didn't do much out of the routine (oil, belts, breaks, ect.). I figure that the whole intake needs cleaned out as well as from what I saw it was pretty gunked up in there.

I also haven't deviated too much from stock, only changes being the drop in K&N air filter and switching to Delco Synchromesh MT fluid after the trans rebuild. Just wondering on what suggestions people have for some easier mods that will take well to a stock ECU and tune.

Pics of the throttle body pre and post clean (yes I got that gasket surface clean, just did it after the pic )

Attachments

·
Mr. Detail
1,167 Posts
Plugs, timing belt/water pump/tensioners, valve cover gaskets, drive belts, the typical wear items. Once you're sure all those are good, best bang for the buck would be a long tube J-pipe and a TL-S rear anti-roll bar (dealers should still have them in the $60 range), both make noticeable performance improvements.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts