Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
MD is pretty strict cuz they only get one shot at you. Make sure your headlights are aimed right, brakes are good, tires are good, window tint is legal, all lights are functioning, and basically any other common sense items.

·
Red Over Grey
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MD is pretty strict cuz they only get one shot at you. Make sure your headlights are aimed right, brakes are good, tires are good, window tint is legal, all lights are functioning, and basically any other common sense items.
When do you usually go for inspections?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
In MD you only inspect the car once, when it goes up for sale or if you move into the state and register the car in MD.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
VA is every year which is super homo, and u have to have that ugly ass sticker in ur windshield
It's homo but it's a good way to keep your car in good operating condition for those who dont do it by choice. That's why when you drive around MD you always see people riding around with cracked windshields, no side mirrors, no bumpers and just completely f'ed up. Cuz besides if they get pulled over which they usually wont there's nobody regulating the safety of their vehicle.

·
i haz vtec
1,561 Posts
i looked at the entire checklist and they look at everything.. including alignment... you got to make sure everything is legal and working

·
Registered
931 Posts
It's homo but it's a good way to keep your car in good operating condition for those who dont do it by choice. That's why when you drive around MD you always see people riding around with cracked windshields, no side mirrors, no bumpers and just completely f'ed up. Cuz besides if they get pulled over which they usually wont there's nobody regulating the safety of their vehicle.
^^^uh who cares? LOL I dont care how those other people maintain their vehicles. I just make sure mine is maintained. So again I say its homo. That sticker is the worst. VA sucks as a state in general. Come home Derrick come home:bday:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Well everything isnt about you sir. However the way others maintain their vehicle COULD effect you. Let's say somebody who's been riding around with a cracked windshield and their windshield finally breaks while driving, they freak out and crash into you. Oh and one of the most neglected things is tires, MR. steel belts shooting out of the inside of my tire. We all know what coulda happened if you had a blow out and the only reason you realized you're tire was in that condition was because your other one went flat. I could go on forever with scenario's. Plus $16 a year aint bad.

The other reason I dont mind the $16 and some of the other things about VA is because the state revenue creates good roads and all that other crap such as one of the best school systems. The only thing that sucks about VA is cops! Think of it this way, once upon a time you thought PG life was the shiznit and you would never venture anywhere else or live anywhere else but yet half of the time I talk to you you're in Laurel, Columbia or Glen Burnie, all of the "non-cool" spots that you use to chastize me about hanging out in. Same with VA buddy, once you move out here it really aint that bad.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
^VA inspectors dont HAVE to fail you for tint. It's to their discretion, so if you get somebody who's not totally by the book you'll be aight. They only really mess with people that have extremely dark windows. I just found out last year that tint is something they dont have to inspect unless like I said earlier it's extremely dark.

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
^VA inspectors dont HAVE to fail you for tint. It's to their discretion, so if you get somebody who's not totally by the book you'll be aight. They only really mess with people that have extremely dark windows. I just found out last year that tint is something they dont have to inspect unless like I said earlier it's extremely dark.
i really hope they let me slide... i even have Maryland "35% LEGAL" stickers on each window from when i got it registered there

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes, in MD they only do safety inspection once.

But they do check emissions every 2 years thereafter.

In my case the place I chose gave me a hard time about my lowering springs. Guy told me anything other than stock springs was an automatic fail. So I went through the huge hassle of swapping in stock springs just for inspection. I should have just gone to another inspection place and tried.

I would advise you not to go to Beltway Chevron.
Then again my alignment was totally whack on stock springs, but they didn't give me any more trouble on that.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
i really hope they let me slide... i even have Maryland "35% LEGAL" stickers on each window from when i got it registered there

For peace of mind sake I know a couple places here in Fairfax that I know for a fact wont give you a hard time. My dealeship and University Sunoco.

·
Work hard, play later.
657 Posts
Yes, in MD they only do safety inspection once.

But they do check emissions every 2 years thereafter.

In my case the place I chose gave me a hard time about my lowering springs. Guy told me anything other than stock springs was an automatic fail. So I went through the huge hassle of swapping in stock springs just for inspection. I should have just gone to another inspection place and tried.

I would advise you not to go to Beltway Chevron.
Then again my alignment was totally whack on stock springs, but they didn't give me any more trouble on that.
You can pass on coil overs. The reasson you will fail is they messure the headlight off the floor can't remember the exact messurement.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts