What day do you want to have the meet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Massachusetts BBQ Summer Meet Sunday 06/18/06 @ Hopkinton State Park!!

Here's all the details of the meet. Sorry about such short notice and all. It's going to be Sunday the 18th at Hopkinton State Park, with a back up rain date of Sunday the 25th. There's tons of parking and a bunch of grilles to cook stuff up near the pond. If you follow the signs to the beach you'll be able to find it easily. It's going to be B.Y.O.B.B.Q., so make sure to bring some grub. Parking is $5 a car, just so ya know.

I'm probably going to try and show up at about 10:00 or 10:30 and we'll just end it when things die down, or when the park closes. Whatever happens first.

Just to be sure that this is understood. There should be no speeding, peeling out, or blaring your system. I'd like to be welcome back to have future meets.

Here's a link for directions to the park:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=parks+near+hopkinton,+ma&cid=42219046,-71530178,7138303176963166641&li=lmd&om=1&ll=42.239409,-71.524527&spn=0.148693,0.300064

Here's the map. If anyone wants to get a hold of me you can PM me on here, or IM me on AIM. My sn is "timot one".

·
PSI Tuning /////
821 Posts
im down for a meet on the 11th of june. as for location, i dont know any good places to have a meet and cook out beside that Hopkinton one ...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm. Looks like June 11th is a popular day. I'm going to go down to the park in Hopkinton this weekend and see if they would want us to reserve a space or something. To make things easy, it's gonna be BYOBBQ. I'll have more info about this by the weekend.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems that most people are interested in doing this on the 11th. If we get together on the 11th, that's still 2 and a half weeks away from today. I want to set it up for the 11th if possible. I guess we'll wait to the end of this week to decide. Let other people know about this if you want 'em to come.

I'm going to check out the park this Friday and get the details. I was a little bit busy this weekend so I didn't get a chance to go down to the park in Hopkinton.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
xxvietside said:
so... whats going on?
Sorry, I've been kinda busy this week. I'm going to roll down to the park in Hopkinton later today, if not tomorrow. I'm still waiting for more feedback on the date though. I think it will either be on the 11th or 18th though. There's not enough time or interest to do it on the 4th. I know if we do it on the 18th, I can get some more people to come up from RI and NY too,

jinnrice said:
y not nashoba valley????? where they had tha subaru met?
Do you have any info about the spot where they met? I'm open to suggestions. Nothing has been planned yet and nothing is set in stone.

·
Registered
91 Posts
timot_one said:
Sorry, I've been kinda busy this week. I'm going to roll down to the park in Hopkinton later today, if not tomorrow. I'm still waiting for more feedback on the date though. I think it will either be on the 11th or 18th though. There's not enough time or interest to do it on the 4th. I know if we do it on the 18th, I can get some more people to come up from RI and NY too,

Do you have any info about the spot where they met? I'm open to suggestions. Nothing has been planned yet and nothing is set in stone.
all i know is that they had 750 subarus wrx n sti there. it was just held in the parking lot ill try to get more info if i can

·
get'cha roll on...
1,449 Posts
totally off topic- is there any interest from anyone in heading to the 1/4 mile track some time this summer? i've been wanting to go to the one in NH or NY for a while and think it'd be a good time if a bunch of people went.

who's with me?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry guys. I've been kinda busy lately and haven't had a chance to look in to this today. So, this is what I've found out so far.....

The group area is booked every weekend until September. We can still have the meet there though, we just won't have the group area. I don't think that's going to be a big issue though. There's also a $5 parking fee per car.

I can understand why some people wouldn't want to pay the fee, but it's not a big deal to me. If anyone has any suggestions or alternatives, speak up.

From the poll results, it seems that the 18th will be the date for the meet. Now we need to confirm the location. I'd rather choose a different location if there are people that don't want to pay the $5 parking fee and there will be a better turn out. The only requrement would be to find a park that has grille's so we can BBQ.

Anyone can IM me about this if they want. My AIM sn is "timot one" and my Yahoo sn is "timot_one".

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm planning on doing this on the 18th since most people have shown an interest on the 18th. We cal also have a rain date set for the 25th also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So is this meet going on 6/18? I would be down...and can pass the word to some ppl on acurazine.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts