Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at 100k miles and it is long overdue, can someone post a link or direct me in how to adjust the valve's in the v6 2003-2007 accord non hybrid thanks. Any necessary tools i can get my hands on also so that will not be a problem. Adjusting the valve's accordingly I am sure to possibly hear less pinging and see higher fuel economy.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Master Mechanic can include a warning as a consent to the person viewing the DIY in red bold lettering....

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This thread is getting alot of view's!!! Everyone interested to see the "Master Mechanic" post a reply with such information BUMP this thread up daily when you come and look for any updates, if the information still hasn't been posted keep bumping it to the top while being polite.
BUMP.

·
DAT Dewd from Dallas MANG
1,533 Posts
WARNING...if you do not know any of the terms listed below...DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS!!!!
THIS IS FOR THE EXPERIENCED DIY...IF YOU HAVE DOUBTS THEN DON't TRY!!!!
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES YOU MAY CAUSE....
this is only a guide!!!!

NOTE: Adjust the valves only when the cylinder head temperature is less than 100 ºF (38 ºC).

Remove the cylinder head covers.

Set the No. 1 piston at top dead center (TDC).

Align the pointer (A) on the front upper cover with the No. 1 piston TDC mark (B) on the front camshaft pulley
Pic 1

valveadj1 by bdbconcepts, on Flickr
Select the correct thickness feeler gauge for the valves you're going to check.

Valve Clearance
Intake:
0.20-0.24 mm (0.008-0.009 in.)

Exhaust:
0.28-0.32 mm (0.011-0.013 in.)

Pic2

valveadj2 by bdbconcepts, on Flickr

Insert the feeler gauge (A) between the adjusting screw and the end of the valve stem on No. 1 cylinder, and slide it back and forth; you should feel a slight amount of drag.

Pic 3

valveadj3 by bdbconcepts, on Flickr
If you feel too much or too little drag, loosen the locknut (A), and turn the adjusting screw (B) until the drag on the feeler gauge is correct.

Tighten the locknut and recheck the clearance.

Repeat the adjustment, if necessary.

Pic 4

valveadj4 by bdbconcepts, on Flickr
Rotate the crankshaft clockwise. Align the pointer (A) on the front upper cover with the No. 4 piston TDC mark (B) on the front camshaft pulley.

Check and, if necessary, adjust the valve clearance on No. 4 cylinder.

Pic 5

valveadj5 by bdbconcepts, on Flickr
Rotate the crankshaft clockwise. Align the pointer (A) on the front upper cover with the No. 2 piston TDC mark (B) on the front camshaft pulley.

Check and, if necessary, adjust the valve clearance on No. 2 cylinder.

Pic 6

valveadj6 by bdbconcepts, on Flickr
Rotate the crankshaft clockwise. Align the pointer (A) on the front upper cover with the No. 5 piston TDC mark (B) on the front camshaft pulley.

Check and, if necessary, adjust the valve clearance on No. 5 cylinder

Pic 7

Rotate the crankshaft clockwise. Align the pointer (A) on the front upper cover with the No. 3 piston TDC mark (B) on the front camshaft pulley.

Check and, if necessary, adjust the valve clearance on No. 3 cylinder.

Pic 8

Rotate the crankshaft clockwise. Align the pointer (A) on the front upper cover with the No. 6 piston TDC mark (B) on the front camshaft pulley.

Check and, if necessary, adjust the valve clearance on No. 6 cylinder.

Install the cylinder head covers.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BUMP for some how to video, step by step, diagrams a teaser. BUMP for some actual action in HD if possible.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dat Dewd from Dallas! thanks for the pictures, your very kind always. Wish there were more people like you.

·
1,533 Posts
yo...

Next one I do...I will do a video...:p
in HD....

it won't be until it is not so DAMN hot here....:cool:
maybe end of September...

·
Registered
11 Posts

Greetings all i am new to the houston galveston area and i recently purchased a 2006 6mt accord and i need to know if any board members live in the area..i am looking a reliable shop to do some mods but soo far people in galveston act like they never seen a 6mt accord before so ima little scared to let any mechanic even do a tranny drain >>>thanks.

·
1,533 Posts
yo...

talk to jigga jat...he lives in Houston...

I live in Denton....kinda of north of Dallas....

if you ever come down here let me know...

we can get a group together...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts