Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
AccordingToSean
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ay guys i just wanted to hear some imput of what i was thinking of doing to the accord in the near future. Since i like many others on this site have done all that there is to do to our cars in terms of performance besides s/c or stroking the engine. So i looked into max bore and thought if it would be worth it to bore out the throttle body and intake manifold. What do you guys think, is it worth it?

·
AccordingToSean
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it would cost me about $200- $225 for another TB and Intake manifold to send out to them then it would cost like $200-$225 to get it bored out then what ever it costs to get the two parts put in. so its not gonna be to cheap, unless i end up selling the parts taken out on ebay.
nighthawk: what this spring retainer that people where talking about in another thread. Where do you get it?

·
- Leo
992 Posts
I have an extra TB if you are interested. I emailed max bore, they told me they can bore out the TB another 4mm, i didnt do it because i just didnt think it'll yield too much power...

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
You need to increase the flow in other areas before worring about the TB, the intake chambers on the heads need work, then the runners, then you can start looking at the intake mani and TB.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
how much would it cost to take care of the intake chamber and the runners n where could i go to get that done?
What I can do is send you a set of rebuilt, ported heads with TL-S cams and runners that you can then get installed at a local shop and send me back your old ones.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
probably noobesque but, why not just get the larger volume I/M from the TSX and if need be bore that?
Not a noob question if we were talking about I4 engines, infact the TSX mani swap is common for the I4s, but in this case we are talking about the V6.

·
AccordingToSean
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What I can do is send you a set of rebuilt, ported heads with TL-S cams and runners that you can then get installed at a local shop and send me back your old ones.
that sounds good. sounds like it would yield alot more power. The only thing is the install on those must cost a quite a pretty penny.....
Throw me a number on how much those parts would run me

·
Registered
722 Posts
yeah Paul, I'm interested too. Moving to Orlando has taken up most of the money I've saved, but I might be able to work something out.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Port & valve job on heads $300
Valve Stem seals $25
Cam Shaft Seals $20
07 TL-S Cams $300
Shipping.....

$500 refunded deposite upon return of your old heads in good condition.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Paul, how much do you think it would run labor?

AccordingToSean, I'm new to the Orlando area, do you know of a shop that can do this around here?

·
AccordingToSean
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
actually im new to orlando area too.... jus started summer sessions at UCF.... so na i dont know of any tune shops around here just yet, thats also couse my rents made me leave my car at home :(. It's been a week and a half and counting without my AV6.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Port & valve job on heads $300
Valve Stem seals $25
Cam Shaft Seals $20
07 TL-S Cams $300
Shipping.....

$500 refunded deposite upon return of your old heads in good condition.
You mean $500 cash back after you receive the stock head?? If so, that's awesome. How much would you charge for the install?

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
I do not know what other shops charge, but I charge $500 to swap out heads, plug head gaskets and timing belt, if the car is over 50K miles I would usualy also do the water pump while it is open.

No, it woud be $645 + shipping for the ported/rebuilt heads with TL-S cams and ported lower runners, and a $500 deposite to ensure return of your stock heads to then be used for the next person.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts