Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mazdaspeed 6 was revealed at the Paris auto show as a prodution model with production beginning in 2005. This article from Triple Zoom mentions that in Eurpoe, it will be the MPS 6, in North America it will be the Mazdaspeed 6 and in Japan it will be the Mazdaspeed Atenza. See article below:

http://triplezoom.com/news/publish/article_242.shtml

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice, gonna bring some competition to the EVOVIII and STi :cool:

·
Registered
14,633 Posts

·
cunning linguist
984 Posts
ZE Power MX6 said:
Nice, gonna bring some competition to the EVOVIII and STi :cool:
I know you Mazda boys like your MazdaSpeed's, but this thing is not even close to an EVO or STI. It's about 2 seconds slower 0-60, and I can only guess how much larger that gap gets in the 1/4. I think they should have turbo'd the V6.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MorePower4me said:
I know you Mazda boys like your MazdaSpeed's, but this thing is not even close to an EVO or STI. It's about 2 seconds slower 0-60, and I can only guess how much larger that gap gets in the 1/4. I think they should have turbo'd the V6.
Based on the preliminary numbers, sure. Who knows if Mazda is doing a 5500 rpm clutch dump that is required to get great times out of the EVO or STI. Frankly I think this car will be different than either the EVO or STI becasue it will be fast, handle extremely well but still have a very nice and well equiped interior. I don't think this car will be marketed as a kid rocket lile the EVO or STI, at least it wouldn't seem a such.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nice looking car for sure! :)
Although I do agree its not a close match to Evo yet! But at least Mazda is going full out with their Turbo designs while our Hondas are still a bit behind on this exceot the new TSX. I really like the interior though!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Blue Mazda said:
Based on the preliminary numbers, sure. Who knows if Mazda is doing a 5500 rpm clutch dump that is required to get great times out of the EVO or STI.
Exactly :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also of note is that the listed figure of 274hp and 280lb/ft of torque for the Mazdaspeed 6 is a target figure for the production models. I am sure they will be close to that, but in the end it could wind up with slightly less or more. A car with that much power and probably a little more heavy than the EVO and STi will probably be slightly slower, but not off by 2 seconds. Also keep in mind that the figure of 6.6 seconds in the link is 0-100km, not 60mph. My guess is that the "drive it like ya stole it" times will be much faster than that. Honda guys, you know you will NEVER see a turbo from a stock Honda. Have they ever done that? I guess you can dream or buy one of these that us "Mazda Boys" like so much.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Stevetec, what does your computer simulation say a car like this will run with it's weight, H.P. and torque values? Also I'm sure the car would run .5 seconds better being allwheel drive vrs. the front driver it is now! 100 KMH = 62 MPH, but the car should be much quicker then this. It' has much more power and torque then the RX8, so how can it be slower? Mazda had to granny shift to get those times. The asthetics of the car both exterior and interior of the car are most excellent. The interior reminds me a lot of Audi's cars.

·
Registered
183 Posts
03 stinkyaccord said:
It' has much more power and torque then the RX8
Not when they release the 360hp turbo version :naughty:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those numbers are preliminary under Mazdas test conditions. Wait till the produciton versions come out.

·
Import driving azzhole
492 Posts
Blue Mazda said:
..... Honda guys, you know you will NEVER see a turbo from a stock Honda.....
:iagree:

It'll be a frigid cold day in hell before we see a turbo awd Accord. That Madzaspeed 6 is sweeeet :up2:

·
Registered
120 Posts
ZE Power MX6 said:
Not when they release the 360hp turbo version :naughty:
That would be nice, but they will use a supercharger due to intake temps being critical with the apex seals on the renesis. And if anything, the RX8 needs the power down low where it's weakest! Rumors about F/I 8s have been going around since I bought mine last year and to this date that's all they are, RUMORS!

·
Registered
14,633 Posts

·
Import driving azzhole
492 Posts
Plumaccordcoupe said:
.....A little birdie told me that it's getting pretty cold down their ;) .
Hmmmm....:confuse2: I guess I better get my winter coat ready :laugh: In the meantime I'll take a Madzaspeed 6...oh wait it's a 4 door...I'll keep my Accord coupe ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
murphman331 said:
:iagree:

It'll be a frigid cold day in hell before we see a turbo awd Accord. That Madzaspeed 6 is sweeeet :up2:

That's because the Accord isn't marketed or sold to people interested in such a setup. Honda would lose a ton of money on such a project (We'll see how well the MS 6 sells.....). It's not meant to be a race car. If you want a race car, look elsewhere.

Brett

1 - 18 of 18 Posts