Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I have a 7th gen 2004 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe.

Hey guys, I am sure this questions has come up before, and yes I used the search function trying to look for it but I did not find an answer. I want to get the MDX Spacer as well as the Ported and Polished runners from P2R. My only question is, would I need to port and polish the spacer as well? Why or Why not? Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
just gasket match it. It takes like 4hr to do with a dremel and a Port and polish kit

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you are saying just match the gasket and not P&P the spacer because that would take too long for minimal gains?

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
the gasket is going to limit ur opening anyways. There not much you can do about that.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the gasket would have to be cut to match the ported runners, but would it hurt me not to port the spacer? As the spacer would be 1.6'' of lets say 70mm, while the runners are 75mm.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
are you going to space your hood?

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
okay that works. okay before you put everything on make sure they all line up. That way you can determine if you really need to PnP the mdx spacer.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well I know that the spacer will be smaller then the runners, but I want to know if the spacer gains its power from elongating the intake manifold, in which I do not need to port, or it gets its power by elongating the runners, in which I believe I would need to port...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome post, but it doesn't answer my question. The MDX spacer that I want to use is slightly tapered, and I want to know if I can just bolt on the MDX Spacer on top of P&P Runners. From what I see it looks like I can't, as I do not want to lose the taper and lose the low-end torque. Any insight?

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
i ono u shoulds ask pual

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right on, thanks DCdonDubby. I saw that runners alone boosed a V6 about 10HP and 20HP, but that was without the spacer. Pauls results proved my assumptions that you should either run a spacer or ported runners, not both.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
good post. I think i am just going to gasket match the head, PnP the runners, gasket match the IM, and TB

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
^ haha I know I won't Going to be scarred for life from spending 8hr with a dremel on it. haha

I will be doing it myself, not paying anyone. Cuz I am JDM like that. I am not going to bother with the MDX spacer anymore. I already have the outlaw one and will probably stack on a p2r.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I hear ya. I spent 3 hours or more just on my plenum with an air dremel so you could be looking at more than 8 hours...

If I ever get the time, I'm going to finish my complete (inside and out) port and polish plenums. I have one cut wide open right now to do the inside.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
^ u sir are boss!! I am too scared to ever do that. I wish our plenums were like the CL's.

·
Mr. Detail
1,136 Posts
Might want to see about having the runners extrude honed, pretty popular mod with Corvettes. Then match port them as well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts