Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I'm looking to do any upcoming engine mod. I am sure that I would like to include the MDX spacer (or Outlaw Engineering Spacer... which one is better?) and either the TL-S cams, or one of Richie's J-pipes. I just need advice in regards to which group will give me a better hp/tq increase? Any advice in regards to these modifications?

Chipperf.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
The MDX spacer is basically to increase low end output. It does it very well but at the cost of top end from what I've seen. I don't know what your overall goal is, but if it's to be better driving around town, both the Jpipe and MDX spacer are great choices. Otherwise I wouldn't do the MDX spacer.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I chose all three buy a used j pipe off here or on acura zine and then save up and get the cams yes the v3 of richies j pipe looks awesome but I think if you get all 3 put on at once you will be very happy

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What kind of HP/TQ increase would I be looking at from doing MDX spacer & J-pipe? And all three?!

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
my guess would be 20 ft/lbs

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Any specific reason why you wouldn't do the MDX spacer?
I thought I explained it in my previous post. Personally, I wouldn't get it because it takes away top end. But I like pushing my car (not all the time), so our goals may differ. I enjoy going to the track, and the occasional 'pull' on the street.

With all 3 combined I'd expect somewhere in the neighborhood of 25whp/20ft lbs or so, which is a great gain. :up:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts