Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i notice a bit of air escaping where the header flexpipe connects to the cat. conv. its a bit of air i seen cuz the weather was cold.... this was rite after i started up the car for the day.... but then when i drove for 20mins and stopped, parked and looked under the car again, the air/leak was gone... shud i still have that part tightened up? or as the car heats up it seals the air leakage???? thanx

overall im pleased with the v6 megan headers cuz it helps in the 2000-3000rpm range, i can definitely feel more power.... at 3000rpms on hiway speeds i can hear the raspy sound of it taking over....definitely adds a tone on the exhaust...also i hear a bit of the infamous megan 'cricket' noises...dunno if this is normal or not....its not too annoying or noticeable tho

i hope my megans don't crack cuz the fitment wasn't too good,front header flange part conneting to the downpipe was off a bit and forced a bit to b bolted on...i can still c its off a bit but theres no leakage at that junction point

well enuff of my retoric :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Okay...its because of the cold. If its decently cold outside then the metal will contract and as it heats up it expands back to its original size. Its a minimum contraction so dont worry about it but it never hurts to check the bolt tightness.
I guarantee if its real cold outside thats what it is. I freeze bearings before install on helicopter rotor heads for ease of installation so its a known procedure.

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good luck with the install zardoz, i had it installed at a shop... with hoist/airtools its much easier.... if u have done DIY it mite b a PITA... gl tho ...i like the power gains of megan headers but its offset by 'cricket' noises...sometimes its really annoying if u don't have stereo going

·
He Is The Fu<king Master
619 Posts
The install on my V6 took me an hour. just make sure you disconnect the O2 sensor before letting the piping down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts