Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i went to a this guy's shop to install my megans, lots of troubles cuz the fitment wasn't rite...

flexpipe cleared the oilpan but it touched the cross lower /metal support member bar of the car or watever u call it...is that bad? also the headers didn't line up good and he had to 'force' it to fit...is that a problem? it ended up taking 3hours and costing me 180$cdn,(orginal install price was supposed to b 80$cdn.)
LOL to install them

he didn't want to install them cuz of the bad fitment but i told him go ahead and force it to fit,

now my question is 'will the headers crack if its forced to fit'? so far i've driven it home and i don't notice any leaks/abnormal sound... wat is the chance of the headers cracking??? thanx if u respond!!!

i do feel my car is more 'peppier' on the throttle, i didn't WOT it (had it up to 4000rpms tho) yet but i think its hell more aggressive sounding now :)

my installer says its gonna crack 100% sure, just doesn't know wen, can any give me piece of mind if its gonna crack or not???

·
Registered
582 Posts
That's a big bummer man. I think if you install and run them you have no more replacement warranty? I'm not 100% on that though.

I guess if they were REALLY forced and the guy says they will crack - they probly will. Sorry dude. It'll likely happen when they heat up really good and a weld will pop loose somewhere are create a loud exhaust leak.

I'd get on the horn right now with your seller to start trying to exchange them if possible. 3 hours isnt a bad install - but that guy shoulda been faster. With a lift and air tools that should be an hour an a half max. 3 hours if your on a jack and hand tools.

On a positive note, I'm glad you feel a difference! Is it a big difference or no?

·
Registered
103 Posts
hey
this isn't the first time i'm reading about megans and fitting problems.

maybe you should return them and spend the money on lights or something. hold up for a comptech or hopefully a greddy around 600.

what kind of exhaust do you have?

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so far i've had the megans for 3weeks + now...i don't think its cracked yet :), along with my UR crank...i feel my car is much more powerful and pulls now at lower RPMs... but that dam cricket noise i hate LOL..sometimes its annoying

i have magnaflow cat btw

1 - 4 of 4 Posts