Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

Im from the UK and drive a MG ZS 180 - 2.5 V6. Just thought i would pop on and say hello.

Many other UK owners on here (any ZS owners???)

Some pics:

Cheers,

Ross

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
not going to lie but 6 years ago when i first saw those cars i thought they were blatantly ripping of bmws.

on the other hand i doubt anyone here knows what that car even is.

but i like it.

welkommen.

:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...

Yep, it does look like the BMW. About 6 years ago, they were owned by BMW, lol.

The Hatch body shell is taken from the Honda Civic from when they were owned by Honda. They do a saloon version too!

It has the K-Series KV6 engine in it...

Ross

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
RossH said:
Thanks...

Yep, it does look like the BMW. About 6 years ago, they were owned by BMW, lol.

Ross
hehe 2nd biggest misstep bmw made. buying MG Rover.

do they still make cars? i was under the impression that it all died out.

if not how is the MGZ f line? those were some serious cars if i recall.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OwAce said:
hehe 2nd biggest misstep bmw made. buying MG Rover.

do they still make cars? i was under the impression that it all died out.

if not how is the MGZ f line? those were some serious cars if i recall.
not at the moment... they went bust last year and got no help from the British Government :angry: . They are great cars (yes, some do have problems, but which cars dont?). They had the Rover 25, 45, 75 and the MG ZR, ZS, ZT (done the ZT in a V8 too) MGF / MGTF.

some pics of the MG TF

Ross

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome guys :cool: .

Your probably not aware then, that Rover produced the original Minis before BMW bought them out, took all the good bits (incl the new Mini designs etc..) then sold rover for £10 or something silly like that?!

Ross

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
Welcome to V6P.net! :wave:

RossH said:
Your probably not aware then, that Rover produced the original Minis before BMW bought them out, took all the good bits (incl the new Mini designs etc..) then sold rover for £10 or something silly like that?!
I still think that BMW used the Mini as a quick way into getting an affordable car into the United States Domestic Market (USDM). The BMW 318 hatchback from the late 90's failed miserably. But BMW is still considering bringing the 1 series here though.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
RossH said:
Thanks for the welcome guys :cool: .

it was for £1, sold to phoenix. however phoenix also assumed all of rovers debt. so the actual purchase price was much higher.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
i remeber reading about MG when I was a lil kid LOL. Welcome. How about some specs on your car. And what is the difference between BHP and HP??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts