Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at doing a J swap into my 1966 Corvair. Essentially cutting the entire front end of the donor car, and fabbing up the entire engine, trans, suspension, hubs, all of it under the Corvair as a mid engine setup with the radiator mounted... well... probably in the front for weight. I was sold on a K swap, but upon measuring everything, the oil fill cap would be directly under the rear glass, preventing me from preforming a basic oil change without dropping the entire motor.

The car will basically be a fun daily driver that will see a fair amount of mountain and hilly roads (switchbacks for the win!), as well as a few autocross events throughout the year. And will be handed down to my boy in a few years once he's old enough to drive, so he can have the coolest car in the school parking lot. :-D

Anyway, my friends tow yard has quite a few Honda's and Acura's available (Accords, as well as a few SUV's and an Odyssey), and I can basically take whatever he has rights to for next to nothing. What do I need to look at, and what do I need to stay away from? I know the Odyssey's had a ton of transmission issues. What's a good combo to look for to get this swap done this winter?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am looking at doing a J swap into my 1966 Corvair. Essentially cutting the entire front end of the donor car, and fabbing up the entire engine, trans, suspension, hubs, all of it under the Corvair as a mid engine setup with the radiator mounted... well... probably in the front for weight. I was sold on a K swap, but upon measuring everything, the oil fill cap would be directly under the rear glass, preventing me from preforming a basic oil change without dropping the entire motor.

The car will basically be a fun daily driver that will see a fair amount of mountain and hilly roads (switchbacks for the win!), as well as a few autocross events throughout the year. And will be handed down to my boy in a few years once he's old enough to drive, so he can have the coolest car in the school parking lot. :-D

Anyway, my friends tow yard has quite a few Honda's and Acura's available (Accords, as well as a few SUV's and an Odyssey), and I can basically take whatever he has rights to for next to nothing. What do I need to look at, and what do I need to stay away from? I know the Odyssey's had a ton of transmission issues. What's a good combo to look for to get this swap done this winter?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, where are you located? I am looking for a complete v6 transverse drivetrain from an Accord or Acura, preferably with an automatic transaxle. Your friend sounds like the ideal source for me. I am planning to build a Meyers Manx mid-engine dun e buggy utilizing the V6 drivetrain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts