Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I got 07 Honda accord v6 auto, But my car shakes @ below~20mph and as i speed up it stops... This started to happen after I lowered my car any suggestions about whats up ? btw its usually in low end of 2nd gear.

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
148 Posts
did you re-balanced tires and re-align the car? might be the culprit.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Mine does the same thing I just lowerd it on neuspeed springs for a tsx

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found out the shake was in my motor, I use to have a problem with my car where it would make really loud ticking sounds also! sounded like the valves but the techs at honda said my Fuel Injectors, anyhow long story short.. I replaced spark plugs today... since I had the car with 22k miles used... its 66k miles now.. and IT FIXED BOTH PROBLEMS!!! Car is so quiet now and took it for a test drive NO MORE SHAKE!! LOL... misfiring i would think but I'm no tech!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE!!! Just drove it agian right now.. And nevermind my car still shakes around 20mph.. Anyone has an idea why it doing that ?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Axels perhaps? I know mine shakes slightly when I'm accelerating through 50-60kms if I hold it steady it won't shake or if I decelerate through it won't shake, it's only when I'm accelerating found out my passenger side axel is going bad (prolly from having 140xxx miles on it and drag racing at the track this summer lol got the new axel here just gotta put it in. Just saying might be worth a look

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Axels perhaps? I know mine shakes slightly when I'm accelerating through 50-60kms if I hold it steady it won't shake or if I decelerate through it won't shake, it's only when I'm accelerating found out my passenger side axel is going bad (prolly from having 140xxx miles on it and drag racing at the track this summer lol got the new axel here just gotta put it in. Just saying might be worth a look
Haha thanks ALOT! I'm guessing it might be and axel too :\ hoping its not though. my car only has around 66k miles.. and I do no drag racing ha

·
Registered
54 Posts
Engine mounts are right in front of your engine below the front cat, on the side mounted to the bracket dead center between your front and rear timing covers and the rear is right where your tranny and engine mate. You don't really need to look at em, put the car in drive foot on the brake and hit the gas then do the same in the reverse you'll hear and feel a clunk and if someone is looking under the hood they will note excessive engine movement. That's the typical test. Motor mounts being bad will normal cause a vibration at idle/stopped as well. If you are driving out of the vibration most likely problem is tire balance.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
too much angle on the axle?

·
24th Gear
819 Posts
I have a similar problem to what Rushzer mentioned, the car shakes between 50 and 70 mph. I've replaced the passenger side axle (the vibration SEEMS to be coming from the passenger side), had the wheels rebalanced, tune up and fuel system clean, and removed my lightweight crank pulley, but it still shakes. You guys think it could be an alignment? I don't think I ever got one done on this set of tires... and come to think of it... I don't know why because I ALWAYS get it aligned when I get new tires...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Would this be the same issue with the 6MT? My car shakes in second gear below 3k rpm then goes away. every other gear is jus fine. not sure if auto and manual would share the same problems. Hope you figured it out -tnguyenv- because this is causing some concern for me also.

·
Registered
47 Posts
A lot of posts on here regarding shaking, and depending on where it's coming from and what the "symptoms" are, it could be a lot of things. My car was shaking hella bad and I finally replaced all of the motor mounts and tranny mount. That helped tremendously. I also got the NRG damper installed (available through Sean 04accordcpe) which will make the MM's last longer.

That took care of a lot of the shaking, but I still had acceleration vibration. I knew it wasn't the tires/wheels, because it was ONLY on acceleration. I got new wheels/tires anyway because I was bored lol, but the shaking was still there. Read up A LOT on this site and figured it was probably the axles. Replaced both front axles and that was it. Car feels brand new now.

So my suggestions to everyone are 1)alignment 2)wheel/tire balancing 3)motor mounts 4)axles

Edit: Have to add that after all the work and money spent, I can now chirp the wheels from 2nd to 3rd gear. No wheel hop at all, even at take off. AMAZING feeling! Well worth all the trouble...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts