"Certified Hybrid Killer"
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SixSpeeder said:
and this is for those who told me, at a particualr meet here in so cal, that mitsu could survive on EVO sales alone.

Bread-n-butter like the Accord and Camry are what keep companies afloat. You can't survive on high-margin low-volume niche cars like the EVO unless you're Porsche or some other extreme high-end brand and have the name to get away with charging crazy high prices. Mitsu doesn't have crap.

·
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know why Mitsubishi is in so much trouble. Have you seen those new commercials about them claiming to have the "best backed cars" in the industry with the long warranties and free maintenance? They illustrate it by having solid walls of Mitsu techs in red jump suits lining the roads as the cars drive around.

Oh MY! The overhead costs of that must be huge! :rofl3:

·
import tuner and rn
1,592 Posts
they need to bring back turbo eclipe , gst , gsx , which would be more affordable than evo, that might boost sales

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
SixSpeeder said:
and this is for those who told me, at a particualr meet here in so cal, that mitsu could survive on EVO sales alone. hopefully you were just drunk when you said that and didn't know any better. you know who you are. ;)
i doubt its me.. is it? :confuse2:

·
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3
4,271 Posts
SteVTEC said:
I know why Mitsubishi is in so much trouble. Have you seen those new commercials about them claiming to have the "best backed cars" in the industry with the long warranties and free maintenance? They illustrate it by having solid walls of Mitsu techs in red jump suits lining the roads as the cars drive around.

:rofl:

Yea, those Mitsu commercials make it seem as if their cars really do need the long warranties :p

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
SteVTEC said:

:laugh:

It seems like they are using every tactic in the book to stay alive. But with slow sales, how much longer can they last like this? Anyone think a company like Daimler Chrysler would bail them out?

·
OG from waaay back!
313 Posts
Plumaccordcoupe said:
Anyone think a company like Daimler Chrysler would bail them out?
Oh no - no more crank walk!!! :D

Surprised Ford hasn't been their savior. Its seems like they want to buy all the failing companies up. Risky if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
man i was so close to buying a evo mr this Saturday, hats funny is that the guy who was selling me the car was outright lying about the current state of Mitsubishi, and how great it was doing. The new mr is nice though I test drove it and all I can say is wow,and the ride wasn’t bad either felt almost as nice as the accord

·
Registered
339 Posts
well they cant be as bad as gm and ford, where the execs are sitting still while their stocks plummeted to junk status.

Mitsubishi just cant make it here in the states but they arent doing bad in asian countries.

·
Registered
120 Posts
SteVTEC said:

That's why it takes me so long to get my car serviced. That many techs cant decide what to do first. It reminds me of congress. It is scary, and I wonder if I'll ever get my 10 year warranty, but I'm not going to keep the car that long. There's just too many better cars out there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
03 stinkyaccord said:
That's why it takes me so long to get my car serviced. That many techs cant decide what to do first. It reminds me of congress. It is scary, and I wonder if I'll ever get my 10 year warranty, but I'm not going to keep the car that long. There's just too many better cars out there.

haha i wonder if the company even has 10 years left. :rolleye2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts