Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
EliteCM.net
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got good deal on rear Infinity KAPPA speakers so now i have to get once for front. is it better to get same series speakers for front or you can mix them with other series, like Infinity Reference series in front and KAPPA in back?
my guess would be to get KAPPA for front too.

second question. does it matter if front speakers have 2ohm resistance and back are 4ohm? my guess again to have same resistance for back and front since once might sound quiter or something? its just general question

i had infinity reference 6002i in back and front on my 6th gen and it sounded fine with no amp or anything

·
Registered
199 Posts
i have references in the front, and i am more than pleased w/ them; but i have never had Kappa's installed so i can't compare. my guess is that if you are ok w/ the sound produced w/o an amp, you will be more than happy w/ reference speakers up front.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i got good deal on rear Infinity KAPPA speakers so now i have to get once for front. is it better to get same series speakers for front or you can mix them with other series, like Infinity Reference series in front and KAPPA in back?
my guess would be to get KAPPA for front too.

second question. does it matter if front speakers have 2ohm resistance and back are 4ohm? my guess again to have same resistance for back and front since once might sound quiter or something? its just general question

i had infinity reference 6002i in back and front on my 6th gen and it sounded fine with no amp or anything

about the ohms i really dont know

but about the speakers, all the installers told me that there is not a difference, but actually i do feel the difference..

buy the Kappa Component system for the front, dont go for the coaxials..

its a little *****ie to install but its worth it

·
EliteCM.net
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
about the ohms i really dont know

but about the speakers, all the installers told me that there is not a difference, but actually i do feel the difference..

buy the Kappa Component system for the front, dont go for the coaxials..

its a little *****ie to install but its worth it
whats coaxials?

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
There isnt much of a difference between differnet brands of cheap speakers. If your spending less than $100 or so for a pair of fronts or rears, then theyre all basically the same... And its not like the average person is going to tell any real difference, and with the stock amp and wireing its going to only sound soo good anyways...

You cant mix 4 and 2 ohm speakers, the 2 ohm ones will get 2x the power of the 4... Unless thats what you want, its not like anything will blow up, its just going to be odd unless you have enough adjustment to be able to change the fade to be biased towards the 4 ohm speakers... Wich you do with a stock HU...

And if you thought speakers in your 6th gen sounded good, you can basically pick the cheapest speakers out there and not notice a difference, like most people out there... Its mainly mental when you spend a few hundred on 'good' speakers... Unless you have a nice amp and wire to go along with the setup, its not going to sound good...

·
what's cracking?
357 Posts
well when talking about different impedances, it will highly depend on the efficiency and sensitivity of the speaker. most 2 ohm speakers are pretty inefficient. so again, its more depends on the speaker design. i had some 8 ohm midbasses up front getting about 75 watts and it absolutely slammed. here's a good write up regarding this exact subject, http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts