Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, just wondering how many people here actually own/are modifying domestic v6s? no offense gtp owners, but theres a ton of you, im mostly asking whos doing something NOT poopular, i.e. chevy 60 degree, dodge v6s (including the mitsu ones, i suppose), or even the ford v6s. even tho i hate ford.

i know this is kinda a newb topic, but im just curious if anyone out there is doing something that not many people are doing. if ya think so let me know :D

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Im doing a chevy 60* v6 for a friend. his fiero's 2.8L took a crap so Im building him a new 3.4L to drop in from a 94 firebird. A little more compression, a new comp cam, a little head porting, and presto! 13's :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heh, i got a friend with a fiero down in corpus thats in need of an engine and ive been trying to talk him into a 3.4. ive also got a 87 cimarron that streeeeetches the definition of 'running' that i want to put a 3.4 into, and then totally strip and have that be my autocrosser so i can retire my too-cool-to-beat-on dodges. lol.

on that line, ive been wondering how the new 3.5 picked up 25 hp over the 3.4.. i know its got a radically different intake, but apparently the block and heads are the same as current 3.4.. know anything about it?

as to the explorer, what engine is that? 4.0, 4.2, ohv, ohc? i dont know which of fords v6s goes into what (since i conveniently dont look at any ford info for some mysterious reason, lol) and what kinda gains did you get?

ever run it in the 1/4?

im starting to get a little pissy because fords v6s are finally catching up the 150hp dynasty.. up to now ive been able to outrun even a stock 5 speed 00-up v6 stang (despite a 50 hp disadvantage?? lol) up to about 120 (my speedo stops there anyway, and my nerve shortly after) but fords kicking it up. grr.

anybody else?

·
University Of Miami Boy
420 Posts
It's an 4.0L SOHC. My car puts 210 hp and 255 torque stock...(I think) after my mods I estimate about 240hp. I did not test the 1/4 mile... However, my 0-60 is pretty impressive for my heavy car, it's in the 7.2-7.7sec... depends on the weather. My top speed was 118mph and then it starts to quit, limiter is 120 but that was before my Jet Power Modules upgrade... I have not tested it lately... I hope to take it to the track one day and test it... but first I want to lower it down about 1 or 1.5 inch .

My parents bought me this car when it came out, they wanted an SUV... I like it, it's really nice and everything... I just feel like having a faster (6speed) race car... hopefully I'll get one sometime in summer.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I got the LA1 3.4L OHV in my GAGT.

I got almost all the intake side ready just waiting on some new parts. I got a SLP cat back on. And then porting and headers later this year.

And no need saying much about the 1989TTA :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
89tta? i almost stole one of those once.. whether it was a good thing i didnt or not i still havent decided... very cool car.

one thing about the headers on the GAGT, how much are they putting to the wheels? i read a thread or two on GAGT.com but they didnt say.

·
Registered
163 Posts
it alone prob does 10-15hp

But if you free up the rest of the system you can prob easily get 20-25 by adding headers.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
huh?

thinking about headers or what?

·
Registered
27 Posts
TH23 said:
^I think he means that he's thinking about modding his SHO :)
:up:

When I first bought it I was going to mod it, but its my daily driver and I plan on getting rid of it thsi summer. So no sense on putting money into it.:)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ahh ok. speaking of shos, i saw a NICE red auto 2nd gen 3.2 with 62k down the road from me for a little over 5k. looked like a great deal, very clean.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Still workin on my contour SVT..............

·
BULLPOO
4,241 Posts
i sorta built a 4.3 a few years back in my 92 s-10. yeah i know it's a truck motor, and i know it's practically a 5.7 w/ 2 cylinders chopped off, but it hauled ars. it was a TBI motor so it wasn't a HO vortec motor. i used mostly Edelbrock stuff, i.e. throtle body, performer manifold, headers, and cam. i also had a JET chip and 180 degree thermostat. dual custom exhuast with the ever so popular flowmaster 3 chambers. nice little sleeper :burnout:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
03 stinkyaccord said:
I would like to do something with the Galant 3.8 liter, but there is not even so much as and air filter out for this car!
lol not quite a domestic v6...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would like to do something with the Galant 3.8 liter,
dont tell anybody, but im putting that motor in my avenger :D :D

1 - 20 of 62 Posts