Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I am very new to the mods. I got a 92 Honda Civic LX with EVERYTHING stock. What mods should i add (in range of $500) to get better performance and acceleration. Explaining would be nice since i dont know much about the parts yet. I know about Cold Air Intake. Also, what would make my muffler really loud and heavy sound. Like, you know, the one that you hear almost everyday on Civics. How much would it cost to get a loud muffler. Thanks. I hope for some good help. Thanks a lot.

·
863 Posts
you can always look into a d16z6 swap (Ex Sohc vtec motor). Lots of people in So. Cali get rid of those motors to swap to a b-series, so prices are reasonable.

·
JB4 e92
5,224 Posts
First I would suggest getting some sort of motor swap. Either a B16 (Honda Civic Si) or B18 (Acura Integra GSR), it'll be a couple hundred dollars more than how much you want to spend. But in the long run, it will help you out "bang for the buck."

An intake (cold or short ram) will open up some restrictions (breathe easier), allowing you to gain a couple horsepower and a somewhat louder car.

Secondly, I would not suggest getting a "loud muffler" like the "other Civics" out there. 1. You'll piss people off, as well as the cops. 2. People will look at you, and/or your car in disgust.

usman152008 said:
what would d16z6 do? make the muffler loud?
Thats a D-series Honda Civic motor. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what kind of CAI should i get?

thanks for you input guys. I wouldnt do a swap just yet since i am not familiar yet with cars that much. I was thinking about CAI. What kind of CAI should i get? How much do you thing it will cost and how much will the installation be for. But i also want a loud muffler too. Any tips on that besides "cops being pissed" Thanks

·
Accord Mafia Member #001
350 Posts
usman152008 said:
thanks for you input guys. I wouldnt do a swap just yet since i am not familiar yet with cars that much. I was thinking about CAI. What kind of CAI should i get? How much do you thing it will cost and how much will the installation be for. But i also want a loud muffler too. Any tips on that besides "cops being pissed" Thanks
CAI - AEM, Injen, Ebay specials....list goes on. Install is easy, most come w/ instructions and even if they don't it's not hard to figure out. Take out stock intake, replace w/ CAI. If you really want a loud muffler that badly find yourself a cheap exhaust somewhere. Either a cat back or axle back.

Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

·
JB4 e92
5,224 Posts
usman152008 said:
But i also want a loud muffler too. Any tips on that besides "cops being pissed" Thanks
clean2draccord said:
Secondly, I would not suggest getting a "loud muffler" like the "other Civics" out there. 1. You'll piss people off, as well as the cops. 2. People will look at you, and/or your car in disgust.
Loud muffler... :smack: :barf: :ugh2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"trust us you dont want a loud muffler". I am just curious, u guys dont like loud mufflers? would it make the performance of a car go down? I thought ppl liked fat and loud muffflers. I mean the ones on this forum because they have Hondas. I am confused man.

·
Registered
42 Posts
lol i got a civic. if u want something beefy, 500 isnt enough. but if i was you, you should get an engine swap like everyone is saying.

OR... u can also go with the HOME-MADE turbo. my friend with a 93 eg6 civic did it. spent less than 900 on everything. very fast --drools--.

but yeah, u are still new to the car scene, i suggesst u should read and do research and get educated in this scene.

·
The Japanese Boy
175 Posts
usman152008 said:
"trust us you dont want a loud muffler". I am just curious, u guys dont like loud mufflers? would it make the performance of a car go down? I thought ppl liked fat and loud muffflers. I mean the ones on this forum because they have Hondas. I am confused man.
Ricers love big fat loud mufflers usually on their civics. You would lose torque at bottom end where you needed it the most for daily driving but gain a very small amount of horses at top where it isn't always needed. Leave the bigger mufflers to turbo cars.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
What the kids in my high school used to do was get an aftermarket exhaust but keep the stock mufler for that stock sound.

Just get a engine swap, to bad with your knowledge, you will probably end up paying someone to do it for you.

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
K20 swap *drool* (start coughing up some money).. forget the B series :)

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
i4CivicEJ1 said:
lol, your talkin like this 17 year old has money growing outa his butt. lol! but yeah. k20 is fast. my neighbor has an eg6 k20/vtec.

torque monster.... :rofl:
true.. you need $$$$ for a k20, but that how you learn to save & invest and purchase.
By the time he/she saves for that k20..
he/she will be able to put the money down in new car :)

I have a 92 Civic LX myself (stock)(60,000 miles). I love the gas milage compare to the Accord, my issue is acceleration (just take forever to get up to 65mph.. @ the point you don't want to brake for anything..). I was thinking of swapping it out with an EX transmission, but I haven't had the time to do the research :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts