Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
darkside / gen7accord.com
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried going to a body shop and "molding" the lip to the front bumper? A friend of mine with a 93 integra got a lip and took it to the body shop and now he has a stock bumper with a lip but no lines =) Has anyone done this yet? I am definately looking into this, either the OEM front lip or maybe some aftermarket, tho I haven't found any aftermarket ones I like.

Anyone have any suggestions?

·
darkside / gen7accord.com
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those look good, but you can still see where the lip meets the bumper. I'm going for the look where bumper and lip mold together so that the lip looks like it's part of the bumper without any lines of where they connect. On your pix I can still see the lines, it's not a bad look, I'm just trying for the no line look. I'm guessing it's a lot of bondo work? I know bondo isn't the best material, since it causes paint to crack etc... anyone know of better material?

Thanks!

ps: loxllxol: your rims are sweeeeet! what are they?

·
J35A2K23B18CSRDETT2JZLOL
3,267 Posts
Blizzard said:
Those look good, but you can still see where the lip meets the bumper. I'm going for the look where bumper and lip mold together so that the lip looks like it's part of the bumper without any lines of where they connect. On your pix I can still see the lines, it's not a bad look, I'm just trying for the no line look. I'm guessing it's a lot of bondo work? I know bondo isn't the best material, since it causes paint to crack etc... anyone know of better material?

Thanks!

ps: loxllxol: your rims are sweeeeet! what are they?
how'bout mine?

·
Registered
487 Posts
damn nice rims SIRSIG.. what are they? im lookin to get a set of black w/ polished lip on my accord too..

·
6th gen
625 Posts
BUMP.

How much does molding a lip usually go for in a shop?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
just get some BONDO, sand it down>apply bondo>sand it down again into desired mold>and paint. The shops would use bondo and probably charge at least a few hundred to start

1 - 11 of 11 Posts