Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is a tribute and a shout out to all LH body Mopars from a member of DodgeIntrepid.net.

Let me hear ya shout, YOOOOOO!

·
Registered
6 Posts
whooo whoooooooo

RICERS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hide: :stupid:

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
nah still runny domestic it's cool

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I used to be a mopar man believe it or not, until we owned a 96 intrepid 3.5L. It had about 16,000miles when we bought it. It was a undercover police unit: high speed steering system and maybe some stronger shocks or somthing, all I know is it had the improved steering. Why? Because by 70,000miles it was replaced, the fuel rails and pump were replaced [we did eventually get our money from dodge, points for them :D] all the shocks were replaced, and then it started shedding belts. About one a week if you didn't drive too much. Our mechinc gave up, couldn't figure out what was wrong. So did we. We bought a nice new 99 honda accord v6, and never looked back :devil:

I will say though when it worked, it was a really fun car. Very torquey. Glad to have you guys aboard :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
well not an LH body but a G body...............c'mon guys lemme in, its a mopar too ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
heh, sup guys. in two posts ive recognized like 10 people from 3 different forums. off to a good start :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
3.0 tona did you even decide to keep your daytona or did you get something else? i never heard..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WAY TO REPRESENT.

I've had my 3.5 for several years now, and I got it with 999,999 miles on it. The only problem I have had is normal suspension wear and tear like tie rod ends, although the joints at the steering gear end are prone to earlier wear in the intrepid, mine made it over 100K. The transmission problems common to the intrepids were due to bad programming in pre-95 transmission controllers which cause pre-mature clutch wear.

Dodge needs to get back on the ball though. The Dodge 3.5 used to be one of the best v-6's in the market, but now everybody has thier own version. I'll never understand why they haven't ofered a 3.8 version with the 3.5 top-end. Not an easy mod after-market, but a simple change for a manufacturer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Don't you just love the big body trep. I'm partial to Stone White myself.:D

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
CHASTAIN said:
I'll never understand why they haven't ofered a 3.8 version with the 3.5 top-end. Not an easy mod after-market, but a simple change for a manufacturer.
Easier for the aftermarket actually. Just stroke your 3.5 into a 3.8L :D Then port the heads and up the cams to make up for the increase in displacment and pretso- your high end 3.8L.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Mopar here!!
Wife has the GT Cruiser..peppy little thing!

If any of you all have dyno sheets, please post in the dyno list. Ill make sure you get a category. This is v6 performance after all, not just for Hondas anymore...:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
bored&stroked said:
Easier for the aftermarket actually. Just stroke your 3.5 into a 3.8L :D Then port the heads and up the cams to make up for the increase in displacment and pretso- your high end 3.8L.
Aftermarket? What aftermarket?

The only aftermarket for the DC 3.5 is a civic intake and some throttlebody spacers. Anything else has to be custom made. Worst of all, the timming set-up is different, so the bottom end does not interchange with the 3.8. Add to that that the 3.8 is an iron block and the new 3.5 is aluminium (so your journals will be different), and you are better off having a custom crank made than trying to make the 3.8 work.

There is not much porting to do on these heads, although they could use a polish.

Unfortunately, the only thing DC has tweaked on the engine is the block, and the valve train. The 1G 3.5 is an iron block with Aluminium heads, and the 2G is all aluminium. The 2G H.O. has a different cam grind, but they changed the rockers on the 2G to a single wishboned rocker for both exhaust valves. One of the guys at DI.net is looking into swapping the valvetrain between the two heads right now. This looks interesting, and may be doable. Another head possibility is that the 93-94 model has a higher compression ratio, but the flow sucks BAD. The compression ratio drops from 10.45 to 9.6 in 1995, BUT THE POWER STAYS. The porting is radically different, and takes some serious grinding. I have some pics of the ports on DI.net.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts