Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
MoDifYiNg BoOm
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Accord EX V6, and I would like to improve my handling, but after I put so much stuff on there, I don't know what else can improve my handling anymore.

I have:

Tein Basic Coilover, Greddy Strut Bar, ST Rear Sway Bar and Hipro Speed Rear Strut Bar. I am wondering if I put front sway bar will make my handling better? and is there something better to improve my handling? thanks!

·
LaLaLaLa
4,852 Posts
sorry but tein coilovers suck...get new coilovers. that will help your handling at least 100% - either that or get higher spring rates on the teins...that will definately improve your handling

get better tires - they always are a determining factor, ummm there are a few other upgrades like pillars, bushings, tie bar, and some other stuff i dont know what its called but yeah thats all i can think of off the top of my head :)

·
MoDifYiNg BoOm
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1,221 Posts
oh thats not a strut bar. its a lower rear tie bar. a strut bar would go up top... and i don't think there are rear strut bars for the 7th gen av6

·
MoDifYiNg BoOm
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh!!! ic! My Bad!! But does anyone have frunt sway bar and know the different before and after?

·
LaLaLaLa
4,852 Posts
Hipro Speed Rear Strut Bar is like a brace bar, here is the link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-03-04-05-06-Accord-DX-EX-LX-Rear-Tie-Brace-Bar_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33591QQihZ008QQitemZ180172124068QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I got the Tein Coilovers as a gift for my birthday, it not that good so I am consider to change to JIC Coilover, I heard it really good.

I did put the Ingall Camber kit on my car, but the can you guys tell me will the front sway bar make big change?
yeah slang the teins for some JIC :up2:

how thick is the front sway bar? the thicker the less roll you will have, it just depends on how you want your car to react after it peaks limit. (understeer, or oversteer)

·
03 AV6 Coupe
1,628 Posts
What tires are you running? Tires make a world of difference in the handling dept.

1,221 Posts
Whats wrong with Tein Coils?
i guess they're not as good as the other ones. i'm not saying from experience, i'm just saying from what i've read up on this site. something about them being too soft or something like that.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Hipro Speed Rear Strut Bar is like a brace bar, here is the link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-03-04-05-06-Accord-DX-EX-LX-Rear-Tie-Brace-Bar_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33591QQihZ008QQitemZ180172124068QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I got the Tein Coilovers as a gift for my birthday, it not that good so I am consider to change to JIC Coilover, I heard it really good.

I did put the Ingall Camber kit on my car, but the can you guys tell me will the front sway bar make big change?
My TL-s front sway bar goes in tonight:banana:
Bye-bye $300 (install cost at Acura).
Since my car is still an infant, I haven't driven it hard at all; but it doesn't feel as nimble as my Rolla, so $640 later we will see if any of this helped.

·
Very Inspired
1,069 Posts
My TL-s front sway bar goes in tonight:banana:
Bye-bye $300 (install cost at Acura).
Since my car is still an infant, I haven't driven it hard at all; but it doesn't feel as nimble as my Rolla, so $640 later we will see if any of this helped.
wow $300 bucks for a front installation cost, i only had to pay like $60 for my installation, you must be rich lol. As for front sway bar differences, your not going to notice as much.

·
DaLab
42 Posts
i have tein coilovers, and i love em...it handles to my liking, but of course i need new tires and i wanna get the TL-S swaybars too then i'll see how i like it

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
lol $300 for a front sway install?

:ugh2: -> :bonk: -> :laughat:
Yeah, know what, whatever, I tried going to other places to have it done. Everywhere I went one of two things would happen; "Hell no, we ain't putting that thing in. I don't care if it's OEM, the one on your car ain't broken, and the one you want on there is from a different car; that means it's a performance upgrade, so bye-bye.", or the places that did agree to do it were charging as much (sometimes more) than Acura.
So I had it done before I ended up saying "F-it" and storing the bars in the garage. Maybe you live in an area that is still "cool with" putting on parts, but up here, car places have pretty much all lost their nuts for doing anything other than oil changes. Hell, if you had some better options for me, you should have told me during that, hmmmmmmmmmmm, 3 month period when I was asking.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
I got my front and rear sways installed with an alignment for like 150 iirc.

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
sorry but tein coilovers suck...get new coilovers. that will help your handling at least 100% - either that or get higher spring rates on the teins...that will definately improve your handling

get better tires - they always are a determining factor, ummm there are a few other upgrades like pillars, bushings, tie bar, and some other stuff i dont know what its called but yeah thats all i can think of off the top of my head :)
Why do they suck, please explain.

There is a difference between street, and track applications for a reason. IMO Coilovers are made for track use, they are stiff, you become more intact with the road, etc. Therefore if you don't track your car, don't buy coilovers. You will hate driving on the streets with them. A cars suspension out of the lot is made for daily street driving. Smooth like butter. If you want to lower your car without sacrificing the smooth like oem performance, get some springs with oem shocks/struts. There is nothing wrong with TEIN's. If you are buying this equipment for your car, and using it for the right purpose, you would not have any problems with it. Another tip, (a little oversteer is better than any understeer). So if you throw on that sway bar and get mad understeer, i'd put it back to stock. This is just my opinion, I do track cars all the time and I can feel the difference of the suspension modifications. Modify for a purpose, and don't modify just to have, or for show.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts