Accord V6 Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
11,882 Posts
But if Toyota is not getting the inflated resale value, then they dont give a damn because it doesn't hit their bank account...

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
11,882 Posts
That's a very dangerous assumption to make when it comes to marketing. Sure it sounds great in theory, but realistically, if toyota was to begin production on the next gen supra, it would be selling for around 40-45k most likely. That's a pretty high price honestly, and there aren't that many people willing to pay that much...

·
Registered
23,782 Posts
VTEC-v6! said:
Sure it sounds great in theory, but realistically, if toyota was to begin production on the next gen supra, it would be selling for around 40-45k most likely. That's a pretty high price honestly, and there aren't that many people willing to pay that much...
True, but they could always have a higher volume N/A version of the next gen Supra in the mid 30k price range (G35 coupe territory) to help lower the costs of a lower volume turbo version. Look what happened with the 350Z/G35, they are everywhere :eek: . And a F/I version is still rumored to come out sometime in the future.

Back to the main topic, Blackbird Skyline :drool: .

·
rectum damn near killed m
169 Posts
i check motorex's site every few weeks to see what new skylines they are importing. someday i will own one. you might be faster in your TT w/ nos but thats w/ add-ons. if i added Nos to a skyline or beefed up internals you would owned. name another car that can potientally get 1000 hp from internals and not have to do a complete swap or make the engine bulletproof to cope.
also saw an artice in max power magazine (brits) that they took a skyline and raced it down the M1 (like our 95) at over 200mph.....thats it im moving to europe to get one!!!!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Can you guys believe Craig Lieberman said this car wasnt as good as its made out to be. He got this car then sold it and now drives a Diablo. I remember he said that in one of the NOPI mags that i read a while back. The Blackbird couldnt cut it for him, but a stock Diablo could!? HA!

·
Registered
450 Posts
oviphagy said:
i check motorex's site every few weeks to see what new skylines they are importing. someday i will own one. you might be faster in your TT w/ nos but thats w/ add-ons. if i added Nos to a skyline or beefed up internals you would owned. name another car that can potientally get 1000 hp from internals and not have to do a complete swap or make the engine bulletproof to cope.
also saw an artice in max power magazine (brits) that they took a skyline and raced it down the M1 (like our 95) at over 200mph.....thats it im moving to europe to get one!!!!
For me, Motorex is a rip off anyway. There are other importers.
Check out these videos. http://www.exvitermini.com/
Nagata-san, the CEO of Top Secret-325KPH/200MPH

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Legendaryyaj What the hell are u talking about? I know that I cant afford a supra for god sakes I'm 18 years old I know that I cant buy a supra that probably why I'm driving an accord. But the thing is that the argument between me and Plumaccord was how popular it would be and the supra was a great comparision to how a sport car dies off after a bad market. so next time before you post read what the heck the people were talking about. BTW i love the r34 and hope that someday I will get it but thats later. :cool:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Spyder said:
Legendaryyaj What the hell are u talking about? I know that I cant afford a supra for god sakes I'm 18 years old I know that I cant buy a supra that probably why I'm driving an accord. But the thing is that the argument between me and Plumaccord was how popular it would be and the supra was a great comparision to how a sport car dies off after a bad market. so next time before you post read what the heck the people were talking about. BTW i love the r34 and hope that someday I will get it but thats later. :cool:
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!

My post just went right over your head! :eek:

If you dont get it then forget about it.

It was supposed to be a joke, calm down. :cool:

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
11,882 Posts
lol it was a quote from the first fnf movie :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bet when the throttle is barely cracked the trany will say f*ck it :laugh: Since the Skyline is such a bad azz car, why don't they sell them here in the US? Why do the Japanese auto makers only sell the sweet high performance cars in their domestic market or Europe? Is it because of the the Tank (SUV) or truck syndrome here? I think the Skyline is a nice car that would sell well here.
i know it would sell than 80% of the us car

21 - 37 of 37 Posts