Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's everyones opinions of the factory mud flaps...better to leave em on or take em off? Looks like most people on here don't have them, but I wasnt sure if its cuz they just started putting them on the new model.

Do they serve any real purpose?

I'm leaning towards taking them off....just wanted some opinions.

·
ex scientia vera
3,570 Posts
I have them and love the functionality. They came on my car from the factory though. Taking them off was never a thought. IMO they serve a great purpose and do a great job of keeping the sides of the vehicle cleaner.

I've heard that if you leave them on for quite some time then decide to take them off that you will see lines worn into the paint from where they rubbed underneath. I can see how and why that would happen. So, if you are still up in the air about it, I'd at least suggest that you decide sooner than later whether to keep them on or not.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have a black car and I think I'm going to get them very soon because I feel they add a little aggression to the side of the car... call me crazy.

·
Team Haidabo
2,236 Posts
I have larger tires and wheels on my 6th gen sedan, and despite what anyone might say, I think I need those suckers. I have road debris damage on the edges of my wheel wells now. Some things are just better to have around specifically for function, so we could protect the quality of our rides, especially if it's an OEM option. :(

·
Registered
460 Posts
I took mine off but not because I wanted to.. I was driving on the highway and a car swirved around something in road right infront of me and there was somebody next to me so I hit the bumper thank god my car was fine but the next day I realized the bumper destroyed oen of my mudflaps so I took off the other ones too

·
Registered
505 Posts
You can make them look better by painting them. Search for a thread by Sandwiches. He has done this and I plan on doing it soon too. It looks better when they match the color of the car. More luxury.classy. You can get the paint from www.towerpaint.com

·
ex scientia vera
3,570 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts