Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm just wondering if anybody's just replaced the mufflers not the whole thing... if so recommend anything? i'm thinking of getting borla catbacks but also looking for alternatives and want to spend the least amount as possible... i am looking for something that is quiet at idle/cruise but with noticeable growl when accelerating...

·
Registered
882 Posts
there's a long thread on comptech mufflers. check it out.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Search!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
7thGenVillain said:
the mugen ones are super quiet but real deep in tone. the real ones cost about 680 but the replicas are about 350 shipped.
I'm assuming this is for a pair, if so where from?

Art M.

·
Registered
6 Posts
koolbreeze said:
i'm just wondering if anybody's just replaced the mufflers not the whole thing... if so recommend anything? i'm thinking of getting borla catbacks but also looking for alternatives and want to spend the least amount as possible... i am looking for something that is quiet at idle/cruise but with noticeable growl when accelerating...

I found a catback on ebay for $12. Then i cut off my resonator because I heard that it gives more hp. However, you lose torque but gain top end.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any adivce for me? I cut off the resonator and just welded the pipes together. I notice that I lost torque. I reason for this was trying to get the v6 do sound deeper and throaty. Maybe I should cut off the premuffler.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts