Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all... I'm considering about buying a Mugen front lip for my 2002 black av6 coupe. do you think it would still look good unpainted?? cause I know it comes in black. also, would it look alright for the time being with no sideskirts and no rear lip?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
no sides and rear is fine. but unpainted lip is kind of iffy...you could even DIY it I DIY'd my lip before i repainted my car it was easy. Go down to autozone, buy a can of primer, prime sand and all the prep (remember prep is like 50percent of painting) and then shoot about 2coats of base then clear it. You can pretty much purchase paint at any local automotive paint store. Good luck man. Unpainted lip really kills the look of the car though especailly on black cars lol

·
central Cali accords
2,747 Posts
Do you really have to ask? Jus buy it and see for yourself. You can't picture a car with unpainted lip? -_- '

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey thanks for the responses. if I were to paint it myself, how many coats would it need? I've never painted car parts, so I really have no clue about it, but I saw that Doc X got OEM paint somehow. Anyway, how much do you think it'd cost to have it painted professionally?

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maying856 said:
Ive never painted mine, and it looks fine.....
did you think it looked completely off because of not having the shine like the OEM paint? yours looks good in pictures, but I'm just wondering if in person the color looks a little off.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Trevendous03 said:
hey thanks for the responses. if I were to paint it myself, how many coats would it need? I've never painted car parts, so I really have no clue about it, but I saw that Doc X got OEM paint somehow. Anyway, how much do you think it'd cost to have it painted professionally?

He only got OEM paint because the dealership broke his lip..he got lucky lol.

Professionally, really depends on where you go. Ive seen as low as 120 and as high as 300 just for front lip. Sometimes it's hard to color match also.

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ebay; there's a seller that has the 98-00 and the 01-02. make sure you ask for the 01-02, cause the 98-00 I heard needs cutting...I forget what seller it is btw

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Hook me up with some decent pics of your car and maybe I can.

Just in case any of you guys were wondering... I'm on my 3rd front lip :(

Moral of the story is ABS PLASTIC FTMFL

1 - 20 of 28 Posts