Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
a friend of mine had one on his b16 swapped EG, its sounds ****ing BEAutiful... not to mention its got mugen bling factor lol, i would say, go ahead and do it

its your ride do what you wanna do to it

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Same as S2000 muffler, only louder ;)

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
No and No

·
_
1,648 Posts
what about getting a set of mufflers and tips off an 04 s2k and having them custom done with j pipes? i have wanted to do this for a while for the look and sound.

anyone feel me? been looking for a set of mufflers in the yards but haven't seen anything. wanted to get a custom setup with factory parts.

any logic in that?

·
Deceptively Quick...
339 Posts
^
^
OMG!!!! That plate cover is off the wall - actually it's kind of freaky. :bolt:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had a Mugen twin loop on a 99 Civic Si...looked and sounded great. Not ricey at all, but a bit overpriced. I think 2 of them on a V6 Accord would sound great but probably not great enough for me to spend $1200 for them.

·
_
1,648 Posts
but what about dual custom exhaust from the cats, remove the third, custom piping using the mufflers and tips from an 04 s2000?

maybe i will just do it and see, i'll be the pioneer.

fyi, that's just a copy and paste to cover my plate, not an actual cover. just something different and stupider than blurring out the numbers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Buying two new ones would be an expensive prospect, but if you can find two used ones, why not?

I have one on my 6th gen (4 cyl only though), and it sounds really good. It's not much louder than stock. It's probably not the muffler you want if you're after power gain, but it looks really good.

·
_
1,648 Posts
i was looking up the exhuast system for the accord v6 and the s2000 and the s2k exhaust setup is actually about $200 cheaper.

my thought process was that the s2k mufflers have the twin loop design and are probably less restrictive than mine. but i would almost get it just for the oval tips. i know i could probably put them on mine, but considering the twin loop design and custom piping i would probably be a happy camper.

gotta keep looking around the junk yards and see if i can get a set of mufflers.

dumb idea, or total sweetness?

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts

·
_
1,648 Posts
^^^???? not sure what you mean by that...cost maybe?

that's what i saw too, but it's for the whole deal. i just want the mufflers and tips, have the rest custom made.

check out the accord prices.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=2004&catcgry3=2DR+LX+V6&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=EXHAUST+PIPE+%28V6%29

Product No. Illust.
No. Reqd.
Qty. Description Color List
Price Our
Price Click to Buy!
1312682 001 1 MUFFLER SET, R. EX. NO COLOR 563.48 422.60 Qty:
1097120 002 1 MUFFLER SET, L. EX. NO COLOR 165.17 123.88 Qty:

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
That's not the whole thing, thats for both 04' S2K mufflers :secret:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts