Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would post some picture of my MX-6, let me know what you guys think :)











More picture can find in my website, link is on my sig. ENJOY!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,321 Posts
Hey dude, welcome to the site! Nice looking ride you got there.

Question, since I don't know much about mazda's: what size motor, and what specs stock? Those intake runners are extremly long, makes me think this motor had a flat high torque curve......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,633 Posts
Welcome :wave:

Ah the older Mazda's before they changed there logo. The older MX-6 looks kinda like the old Lexus SC model.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanx for all the comments :)

PlumAccordCoupe said:
Welcome :wave:

Ah the older Mazda's before they changed there logo. The older MX-6 looks kinda like the old Lexus SC model.
All the MX-6 has the older logo, mine is the 2nd Gen from 93-97, also the last model they have b4 they were discontinued. Yea they do have the shape of the SC400, especially with the JDM headlight conversion like what I did. Happened to me yesterday on the highway, a 2nd Gen six was driving right next to a SC, they even got the same rear end :)

bored&stroked said:
Hey dude, welcome to the site! Nice looking ride you got there.

Question, since I don't know much about mazda's: what size motor, and what specs stock? Those intake runners are extremly long, makes me think this motor had a flat high torque curve......
Mine is the V6 model with 2.5L, 5-Spd, stock rated at 164HP and 160lb/ft of torque, that's the U.S Spec... the JDM motor are V6 2.5L also but rated at 195HP and same or a bit higher torque level. The I4 model's are slow tho, 118HP and 120lb/ft torque. Yea the intake manifold are huge, but I'm swapping the JDM intake manifold in as soon as I get it in the mail, it got a bigger runner so it'll increace the HP, but I'll need a chip to fix the torque problem, here's a picture of the JDM manifold :)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,321 Posts
Dam yo, you have some great tech knowalge of your car. I love it! :D

So the JDM manifold ups the hp but drops the torque, no suprise. Theres a computer chip out there that will help gain some torque back?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bored&stroked said:
Dam yo, you have some great tech knowalge of your car. I love it! :D

So the JDM manifold ups the hp but drops the torque, no suprise. Theres a computer chip out there that will help gain some torque back?
Thanx :)

I don't think they drop the torque, but a low gain with just the manifold swap... but with the chip, it'll provide the same torque as a full ZE, actually it'll out perform the full ZE from what I've heard, the chip will boost up extra 3HP and monster 13lb/ft of torque (on the wheel I think) :D
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top