Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a dig the GSR beats me by about 1/2 a car length but on the highway its a little different. My friend and I were going about 65 and I pulled up next to him and then I hear his engine really rev (typical Integra :p ) so I floor it. Only mod I have is the AEM short ram intake. So we are going and my car actually pulled a head just a little bit because he had to shift and so we were both accelerating at similar rates but it seems like I was going a little bit faster. We went up to about 110 and then my lane merged into his so he backed off. w00t that's the first time I've been able to stay ahead of his GSR. He has Injen short ram, Skunk2 coilovers and KYB shocks. He's lowered to the point where theres no finger gap and you can touch the ground from your seat if you open the door.

I think that from higher speeds I have him but when we are from a stand still he beats me. DOHC probably helps out plus hes manual PLUS hes lighter. Also My car was on a full tank and his was 1/4.

·
V6 -> I4 -> I6
2,943 Posts
hmmm.. what year GSR? not that it matters but..
when I had my av6(intake), I raced a 2dr GSR(intake) from about 40mph roll..
I got smoked by about 3 cars...

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HwaNi.J30A-C said:
hmmm.. what year GSR? not that it matters but..
when I had my av6(intake), I raced a 2dr GSR(intake) from about 40mph roll..
I got smoked by about 3 cars...
I was on the freeway so I was doing 65+ MPH. I've raced him from 40 before and the same thing happened from what you said.

·
V6P wandering idiot
1,634 Posts
^ exactly. a stock GS-R is good for a high 14 @ 92~mph with a good driver, stock.

·
Something Something Darkside
4,499 Posts
Dang south FL sucks for the track. My boy has a GS-R sedan with i/h/e/cams and only pulled a 15.0. He drives like a beast but humidity owns.

·
V6 -> I4 -> I6
2,943 Posts
GS-R can't run high 14s stock.

·
V6 -> I4 -> I6
2,943 Posts
Doctor_X said:
On this website it says they run 15.5 in the 1/4.
http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html

I'm telling you, freeway the 6th Gen's can take them.
They are capable of low 15s if driven pretty damn good.

They also trap relatively higher than stock 6th gen v6, which means
from a highway, they are still faster.

Indeed, when I raced GS-R from 70mph roll, result was ALOT better.
we were about dead even, but I knew he would pull on me.
4th gear in av6 doesn't pull AT ALL. Just don't try in low speed roll.
I got murdered badly from 40mph. I still haunts me whenever I go to sleep. :mad:
even though I take most of them pretty easily now.

·
V6P wandering idiot
1,634 Posts
i've seen a stock LS integra go a low 15. there's a guy on clubRSX(or maybe here?) with a 96 GS-R pulling 14.5's with an intake and maybe an exhaust. in the right conditions with a good driver, a high 14 stock can be done.

the 6th Gen V6 was an impressive car at the top of 2nd and through 3rd gear, but it's no GS-R beater.

·
V6 -> I4 -> I6
2,943 Posts
stock LS integra hitting low 15s, GS-R with intake hitting mid 14s..

lol. In that world, my prelude should be in 12s.

·
V6 -> I4 -> I6
2,943 Posts
NO. AV6 is faster than LS. the 5spds does have advantage to pull on av6 in 1st and keep up in 2nd, but story ends afterwards.

·
V6P wandering idiot
1,634 Posts
if you check honda-tech and some other boards, plenty of people are hitting low 15's with a stock LS integra. it's all in the driver and right conditions. an average driver could pull a high 15 in an LS. a crappy driver would pull a mid 15 in a GS-R. a good one can pull a high-mid 14. my friend has a bone-stock bodied EF civic and a non-VTEC D16, and he does consistant 15.5's.

people doubted me on clubRSX when i went 14.6 @ 94mph with just an intake, but i have more than enough slips to prove it. it was even worse when i went 14.4 @ 98mph after i added the race header.

they're out there, you just have to find a good driver.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts