Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm biting the bullet and gonna do the swap. The aftermaket led lights just doesn't cut it for me in terms of design, appeal, and oem quality. 2 weeks ago i order the left 06 housing to do testing. Last week i did the install and as everybody knows your gonna need the 06 trunk as well for everything to line up even. Well i'm not gonna shell out more money and get the trunk. Instead i'm planning to replace the wing spoiler with a decklid to match up the lights a little. Once i get that done i'm gonna order the right housing and both led units. I'm going to paint the grey part(see picture) on the housing NBP. I think the end results will turn out great and it'll be something different from the 03-05 and 06.

Need 06 bumper too since the 03-05 were round and 06 have slight curves. But no biggie to me so stick with stock bumper.

The turn signal socket matched with the 06 housing. I turned on the hazards and noticed the 06 side signal was brighter than the 03-05 side. Not sure about the backup socket because the wires were not long enough. The led units should be cake to hookup, but i'll have to order that later and try.

It might look odd by not getting the 06 trunk, but i'm trying to save money on this and yet have 06 leds at the same time, so my idea will be close enough.

·
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm aiming for mid summer or end of summer for completion. Obviously i have more work to do due to me having the wing spoiler and i need to have the holes filled and painted from it. And i have to order the decklid and install it. I'm sure someone out there has this done already or plans to do it. And they have the decklid already. So if someone does this it would be great. But i'll keep you guys updated on the progress.

·
Registered
498 Posts
ahh man. i tried to get a body shop to do this for me after i got rear ended. They told me that the body panels underneath are a different shape and therefore won't fit with the 06 bumper. But they coulda been lying outta laziness cuz they really did a ****** job. Let us know how it goes . . .

·
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
duRritztiNy said:
Can you get better pic of the bumper sticking out? Looks really good.
sorry i won't be able to take other pics since this was just testing and my stock lights are back on. You gotta wait until i finish. But in the mean time i can tell you the only areas sticking out are circled, which are minimal. you can clean it up and won't show much.

·
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kingof3rdinput said:
W/ that lip spoiler you might be in business! Good luck.
yeah if i had the lip spoiler i might be done already. dats what happens when you cheap out and get a replica wing spoiler.

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
nice! mad prop for being pioneer!! :up:

looks not bad at all, guess i can do the same, and ask my bodyshop to smooth out the body on the part that sticks out.. then a custom CF deck lid should complete it on mine..

·
-Brian
8,607 Posts
man, from a distance those look hawt, keep us updated, i wana see how everything comes out!..
p.s. honda wuda made alot of dough if they made these 100% swappable
oh well.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hongda: said:
sorry i won't be able to take other pics since this was just testing and my stock lights are back on. You gotta wait until i finish. But in the mean time i can tell you the only areas sticking out are circled, which are minimal. you can clean it up and won't show much.
It doesn't show much because you have a NBP car. Trying this swap on a silver or red car would be more revealing. GL on the work and being a pioneer. :cool:

·
Sponsored by my bank acct
229 Posts
Wow good job, looks really nice. This mod with the LED units is $800!

For the whole conversion, an 06 bumper is $300, trunk is $480, trunk light $215. So close to $1800 for a full conversion (minus accessories). Ouch.

·
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
moistener said:
Wow good job, looks really nice. This mod with the LED units is $800!

For the whole conversion, an 06 bumper is $300, trunk is $480, trunk light $215. So close to $1800 for a full conversion (minus accessories). Ouch.

Actually the tail lights plus the led units will be under/about $500. Yes still pricy to some but you expect to pay that much for oem. I figure the most money would be the 06 bumper and trunk lid and paint. I didn't think about getting the bumper nor the trunk lid. But it would be nice to find a 06 NBP trunk lid in the junkyard, but i doubt it. That's why i'm opting for decklid, somewhat flows with the tails.

I have a retrofit($$$) done by Larry and Tein SS($$). You wouldn't expect anything less from me. :D

1 - 20 of 95 Posts