Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought this car about 3 months ago at 93k miles. 2013 EXL V6 automatic 4 door. Today, just got to work, and the check engine light starts flashing and motor starting misfiring like crazy. grey smoke out of my exhaust. I immediately parked it within 200ft of when the issue started. My first thought is that my timing belt just failed. Long story short, i towed it straight to a dealership for diagnostics. They havent finished yet, but are implying the motor is shot and needs to be replaced, he even said the motor seems seized based off their preliminary inspection. I bought this car because of the impeccable service record, 1 previous owner with great service reports. To me, it seems absolutely nuts that a well taken care of honda v6 would suddenly fail so catastrophically. What are your thoughts? If i need to swap for a new motor, who should i trust for the most reasonable price? Please help, this is the worst time for this to happen. I bought honda because i never thought this would happen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts