Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I've been on this thread for a while, only because I joined it before I actually got my Accord Coupe, haha. So here's my first thread :)

For those of you who aren't familiar with a CarPC/carputer, it's pretty explanatory, it's a computer in a car. Thought I'd share my CarPC project, the computer was custom-built, it was pretty easy since I've built two gaming PC's before I took this on. The only unfamiliar thing to me was the car electronics, and being able to wire and power the computer. Along with this project, I also had to upgrade my car speakers and get a 4 channel amplifer.

Here are all the parts:

Computer:
250GB 2.5" Laptop hard drive
Zotac Ion ITX motherboard, onboard Nvidia Geforce 9400
Intel Atom 330 Processor @ 1.6Ghz dual-core
4GB (2 x 2GB) Corsair DDR2 RAM @ 667Mhz
160W M2-ATX DC-DC Automotive Power Supply

Monitor:
Lilliput 669 HB 7" touchscreen, taken out of the frame and fit into a bracket, and then fit in a metra double din dash kit

Peripherals:
Globalsat BU-353 USB GPS receiver
OBDLink USB OBDII adapter

Audio:
Polk Audio PA660 660W 4 channel Amplifier
Pair of 6.5" Alpine Type S speakers (front)
Pair of 6 x 9" Alpine Type S speakers (rear deck)

:D So, here are the pictures:

[/LIST]

·
Registered
119 Posts
Brilliant!! Can't wait to see the vid. Good job sir.

Where in FL are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!!! Don't worry, I'll def post some vids :D

I'm in Sanford, FL. I commute to UCF, so this makes my commute more enjoyable :D

You?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm in Palm Beach. I was in Sanford for Simply Clean in November, seemed a bit country and boring.

You have some skills hooking up that PC. What are you studying?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahh, I see. haha.
Thanks, man. I'm studying Micro and Molecular Bio, pretty much doing premed, goal is to get into med school, this is my first year in college haha, 2nd semester starting now

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nice decision. Medical is the way to go. Hope you achieve your goals! Study study study. You can never study enough.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha yup! Off to a good start bit I got a B in calc which really frustrated me all year haha, i'm more science inclined, math isn't my strongsuit. 3.73 GPA atm, this semester im gonna be studying much harder :)

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Freakin awesome. Always wanted to build one. Will have to wait and see how this year goes. I might end up doing the same thing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Freakin awesome. Always wanted to build one. Will have to wait and see how this year goes. I might end up doing the same thing.
Thanks! Yeah man, you should definitely do it! Adds a kick to the ride haha. Since I can't do the 6 spd swap, this is the only big project I could do, atm. I REALLY want a 6 speed though! :(

looks really good. it can be a bit cleaner with the wires but outstanding job.
Thanks man, I agree though, the wires are a bit messy, I need to move the computer under the seat more, that way the wires are hidden, as well as better managed, and also so that someone can sit in the rear passenger seat behind my seat, haha. I'll wait till spring break for that, haha.

Appreciate the feedback!

·
Shift_
1,618 Posts
let me know how that screen holds up in the heat. i got a liliput also and i had to get new one. the summer time really beats up on the screen. the leds arent as bright as before. i have a new one on order.

that dosnt look bad that screen bezel. is that a Micro usb port? also where did you mount your GPS? and what front end are you using centrafuse?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
let me know how that screen holds up in the heat. i got a liliput also and i had to get new one. the summer time really beats up on the screen. the leds arent as bright as before. i have a new one on order.

that dosnt look bad that screen bezel. is that a Micro usb port? also where did you mount your GPS? and what front end are you using centrafuse?
Yeah man, I live in florida so i'm really going to have to prepare for the heat, it's murder here. I need to tint my windows darker, the tint that came with it is like, peeling and purpling, so i def need to get better tint, darker tint as well, hopefully that makes a bit of a difference, and i also have a sunshade thing that I will use everyday in the summer, haha. Yeah It's a micro USB port, i'm not sure what the use of it is, probably for upgrading firmware?

And yup, I'm runing Centrafuse 3.1, my GPS puck is suction-cupped onto the rear passenger window right now, but as soon as i'm not lazy, I'm going to buy a USB hub or extentsion, and move run it along the kick panel and have it on the dashboard, but right now, it's getting perfect locks onto satellites as soon as I open up Garmin Mobile PC, so I'm happy with it, haha :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks k24 :D I do need to re-route the wires, after I move the computer fully under the seat, that should protect it from heat, as well. It's got a vent fan and a cpu fan, which should keep the system from getting too hot, I'll have to run HWMonitor in the background during a typical drive and see the max temperature of the CPU and system, in the spring and summer though.

·
Shift_
1,618 Posts
i use ride runner ( aka road runner ) its not bad. its got tons of support. and skins very nicely.

any plans for addons?

ive had mine for almost 2 years now. thinking of upgrading my drive to solid state.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ooh good idea, solid state is fail proof. I actually was thinking about ride runner and actually, I may switch over to it. It does look really nice, and I bet it has tons more dev than CF.

Addons as in plugging/apps? Right now I have the garmin mobile pc plugin integration, I like it, it pauses music when the voice speaks, unpauseabit after, has nice on screen keyboards, but I am interested in trying out ride runner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts