Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PAge 6 post 156, results Vs AEM V2
See PAge 2 post # 57 for dyno Results!!

Wutup just wanted to show a screenshot of everything i will be using to do some dyno testing of a custom 4 inch Short Ram intake i ordered recently, as usual i will be doing multiple testing on the same day changing parts on the dyno to get accurate comparisons :up:, ill keep everyone up to date on the progress :up:

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
make sure you get more length on the piping to simulate cold air as a test also.

I've done this test also and I gained more power with a cold air+ velocity stack... I actually gained close to 20whp more, and 15+- foot pounds of torque. Better low end, and top end. the length of piping helped increase velocity. What I ran was a 3" tapered to a 3.5" to a velocity stack all conical transitions with expanded piping welded.

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
make sure you get more length on the piping to simulate cold air as a test also.

I've done this test also and I gained more power with a cold air+ velocity stack... I actually gained close to 20whp more, and 15+- foot pounds of torque. Better low end, and top end. the length of piping helped increase velocity. What I ran was a 3" tapered to a 3.5" to a velocity stack all conical transitions with expanded piping welded.
will do, i just want to see if there is anything i gain from switching over to a bigger intake, and i will be keeping a short ram becuz i dont have splash guards....

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
I don't have splash guard either, but I run a front splitter, which I recommend you do too. You'll like it in the high speed sweepers, banks, etc. It really helps, but you have to stay on the gas for it to actually work. :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
I am very interested in this I want to do once I relocate my battery to the trunk

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
My friend was talking to me about this the other day. Cause he was suggesting that I get a Velocity stack and maybe switch to 4" piping. From my v2. Im interested in seeing how this turns out.

·
Mr. Detail
1,138 Posts
I have a feeling this will work better on a highly modified car than one that is relatively stock.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have a feeling this will work better on a highly modified car than one that is relatively stock.
gains have been seen on cars with just basic boltons I will definately try this soon. GL dude shame I havent been able to see your accord only the TL at the bettys hangout a whileeee ago

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
4" piping isn't a joke... Saw some yesterday that was being mocked up for a K-Series hatch, it made me look at my V2 and literally say damn this looks small...

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yup it will prolly take a week to get to me but the good news is this is a DIY kit basically but you will need a small battery or relocate it, i am optimistic but its basically a gamble but i hav spent money on mods before that basically made me slower so this type of testing is no biggie

·
Registered
294 Posts
So with this are you running a filter or just a velocity stack?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
took some pics of the 4" to 3.5" transition reducer coupler i made a mistake and should have ordered a 4" to 3.25" reducer but i made it work for now and it will be good for when i add a larger throttle body in the future. Anyhow i took some measurement so we can get a better idea of wut we are lookin at here, you can see in the first pic the size difference compared to my old intake

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Real nice, it looks like its for a true 3.7 engine/motor :eek: thing is colossus
GL with testing man
lol well im jus tryna avoid tearin into the engine or swappin it out for another thats to easy, i have faith in the lil 3.0 that with the right parts combo shes got potential

1 - 20 of 274 Posts