Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I took it to the dealarship to get it fixed since I only have 2 months left on my warrenty. My transmission has be jerking on downshifts but they say that they can't detect any problem and that any issue I feel have to do with the intake that I put on :rolleye2: . Has anyone had a similar problem as this, or have any suggestions on what to do because I would really like to get this fixed before the warrenty runs out.

·
Pedal damn it
3,913 Posts
^ put back ur oem intake and bring it back. keep pushing

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
degener8 said:
so I took it to the dealarship to get it fixed since I only have 2 months left on my warrenty. My transmission has be jerking on downshifts but they say that they can't detect any problem and that any issue I feel have to do with the intake that I put on :rolleye2: . Has anyone had a similar problem as this, or have any suggestions on what to do because I would really like to get this fixed before the warrenty runs out.
just wondering how many miles are on your Tranny?

Also do you have tranny cooler or filter and how often do u change your Honda ATF?

Reading these trnany stories are makin me scared. :eek:

·
Registered
259 Posts
i had the same exact problem with my 98 accord. they replaced the tranny and it still did it. it turned out to be the torque converter. put the stock intake on go back and tell them to check that. i bet thats what it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jcygts6 said:
just wondering how many miles are on your Tranny?

Also do you have tranny cooler or filter and how often do u change your Honda ATF?

Reading these trnany stories are makin me scared. :eek:
just over 50000 on car/tranny

I have a filter, and I took the car in a few weeks ago and they replaced the filter and the fluid without mentioning the intake, but it continued to jerk so I took it back(they said if it didn't fix the problem to bring it back and they would have to open up the tranny) but now it's my "intake" that the problem :rolleyes2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bigboricua21 said:
i had the same exact problem with my 98 accord. they replaced the tranny and it still did it. it turned out to be the torque converter. put the stock intake on go back and tell them to check that. i bet thats what it is.
I'll look into that as well

I guess I need to put the stock intake on though

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
whoagorgeous said:
^ put back ur oem intake and bring it back. keep pushing
He should put the OEM intake and take it to another dealership. If he goes back to the same one, they might remember that he had an intake and blame the possible transmission failure on that.

bigboricua21 said:
They are supposed to replace the torque converter when they replace the entire transmission. They did when I had my first transmission replaced.

·
Registered
365 Posts
i am starting to have problems too 98 accord 91k... got some weird shaking when i but it into drive. oh i have a auto.... and when i break like at a stop the car jerks ....

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
bigboricua21 said:
hey plum what part of florida you at? im about to move back there, we should make an accord meet up.
Sunrise, Florida. And yes, we should have an Accord meet sometime in August :) .

Back on topic.

·
Registered
259 Posts
anyways, get your torque converters checked? my car did the same thing when i brake it would jump forward like someone ran into me.that was my 98. i have an 01 v6 coupe now and thank the Lord above i havent had any issues yet.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Call honda. i called and made a huge mess and they ended up sending me a brand new tranny and they fixed it for free. mention the better business beurou.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts