Audiocontrol epicenter series 2
Zapco Reference [email protected] a 4ohm load
Avionixx 440.4
Knu wiring
200A iraggi amputator
big III
Hertz High Energy HSK 165
also a carputer :)

Here are my pictures. keep in mind this setup never got finished,half through and I changed my mind i wanted to go a somewhat different route. it looks like a rats nest of wires. I am planning to replace avionnix with a zap ref 1000.4, but its hard to find one :( and i plan to get some Hertz ribbon mids and go 3way active frontstage.

i had a mag before, and now i miss it :(

i had the mag in a rear loading horn for awhile it was loud..too loud for me though

comments are most welcome :)

btw i'll take a video of the mx in action today and upload it, its nothing special but i know people still want to see it :)

~mir~

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
really? I hadn't noticed :p

whats funny about the horn is, it doesnt meter well, but it sounds loud to the ears. it only did a 137.9 but listening to it you can swear it was doing low 40s. :) box wasnt geared for numbers.

·
what's cracking?
357 Posts
looks good dude. i like the screen a lot. great job on that. i've listened to the mag before and was really impressed with the sq. obviously output was no problem but the sub sounded very punchy. i like the mag a lot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
crazy dude. but i dont like when you can hear just base with almost no music. that sub is nuts.
actually my music was never drowned out. my frontstage kept up pretty well.

The Mag had great SQ, the MX has just about the same SQ except a little more bassy,only thing i hate about the MX is its mechanical noise it makes where the coils cool.

Im soo going to buy the new Mag that Nick is working on from SI

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
update:

Equipment list:
- Eclipse cd7000(fully active)
- Zapco reference 1100.1(800 x1 @4ohm )
- Stereo Integrity Mag 12" d2(wired to 4ohms) 1.3 cube box sealed with polyfil
- Avionixx 440.4
- Hertz HSK165s component set
- Second Skin Deadening
- Audio Control Epicenter(not being used)
- Knu Accessories
-plenty of techflex :tasty:
- 200a iraggi alternator

pics:

this is my favorite part, its the spare wheel screw, so my box is fully secured to the frame :D

amprack:

support beams:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

carpet came in. i bought some nice ass carpet. $11.50 a yard, but its 80" wide so win win :) its flexible, backless, fully breathable, and soft

Still have room for my toolboxes :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the dustcap was making noises from being caved in a few weeks ago, i popped it out, but that spot was weak and making noises. so today i swapped the cap with an alloy one.

notice the creases

now i just got to clean up the alloy and im set

i used urethane(i let it sit for 4 hours) and ca glue around the edge to seal it down nicely. hopefully it turns out fine.

Alloy dustcaps were courtesy of ForEvrBumpN, THANKS MAN!

·
Work hard...play harder!
772 Posts
JESUS! You built an earthquake sub for your trunk! (For those of you who are not djs or know much about professional sound, an earthquake sub is a very large subwoofer used for huge venues and concerts:D).

I like the work so far tho. Very nice DIY.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol its a bit step down in output wise now. im past the basshead phase, i discovered too much bass is not for me. Im diggin SQ now.

I ordered a NINe.5. Price was pretty irresistible for a single amp setup and I wanted to see how they were. Yes I am a hypocrite for buying an eD product. We will see how long it lasts me.

I see they changed bass knobs last time I had a NINe1 which was years ago.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts