Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I went to school my car started up fine, by the time school was over i open it up with my keyless i get my regular beep beep to get inside. I put in my key tried to start it it cranked once then everything electrical in my car shut off. i turned it again I get no cranks, no nothing. The car is pretty much dead, I get my friend to jump start me and it started up. When i went home took the key out tried to start it again later and it didnt even crank, the door lights in my car didnt even turn on. Whats wrong with my car??

Cliff notes: Car will not start, Nothing electical works in the car, alternator is fine, battery is fine, the only way to start my car is the jump start it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Cliff notes: Car will not start, Nothing electical works in the car, alternator is fine, battery is fine, the only way to start my car is the jump start it.

if you know how to use a volt-meter, measure the voltage when the car is running, if you are getting around 12V, alternator is not fine. if you get around 14V, alternator fine, battery not fine.

if you don't have a volt meter, remove the hot battery connect to the battery after you jump start. If your car dies, the alternator is not fine.

Either case, you should check the battery terminals for excessive corrosion, causing poor contact.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my battery reads 12.23 volts im assuming its good, but can a dead battery give that kinda voltage on a voltmeter?

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
f1iptease said:
my battery reads 12.23 volts im assuming its good, but can a dead battery give that kinda voltage on a voltmeter?
What is the alternator voltage reading? And how old is the battery?

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
f1iptease said:
alternator 14.44 , just bought the battery a month ago everstart maxx
Did you check the battery terminals for a loose connection? Also, check your starter relay (should be in engine fuse box).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found out it was the ground cable that goes down into the tranny area, it wasnt contacting well down there. I tightened it and it worked, yes i do have a grounding kit.

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
f1iptease said:
I found out it was the ground cable that goes down into the tranny area, it wasnt contacting well down there. I tightened it and it worked, yes i do have a grounding kit.
:up:

Make sure that screw stays put this time :D .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts