Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
ExSlammed Club Member #52
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My CF Hood. New Pic's

Hey guys, my new VIS carbon fiber hood came today!!!!! What do you guys think about it?
Before

After

Here is the pic of the underside of the hood.

Here is a pic of the gap where the hood is above the fender.

More pics I took today

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
+1 on the pinstripes
also hows the fitment with VIS? ive heard its a hit or miss with their hoods

looks clean though

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Champaned_out said:
+1 on the pinstripes
also hows the fitment with VIS? ive heard its a hit or miss with their hoods

looks clean though
The fitment overall is good. On the passenger side the hood sticks up a little more than the fender but the driver's side is almost perfect. I like the getting rid of the pinstriping, but what would be best to remove it?

·
central Cali accords
2,747 Posts
Very nice bet it costs a pretty one, seems like you were in need of a new hood hehe. Nice car, bro. :up2:

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mista jc said:
Very nice bet it costs a pretty one, seems like you were in need of a new hood hehe. Nice car, bro. :up2:
Yeah it costs a pretty one alright. I definately needed a new hood, considering the oem one had been keyed and had a lot of dents. Thanks man.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
I dont know if i want a cf hood or not :/

My car has a junkyard hood off a 99 red accord, and was repainted silver, and now the crappyness of the job that must have been done is starting to show...

does anyone have any GOOD pics of a cf hood on a silver coupe? Or opinions? CF it or repaint?

E

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ericspda said:
I dont know if i want a cf hood or not :/

My car has a junkyard hood off a 99 red accord, and was repainted silver, and now the crappyness of the job that must have been done is starting to show...

does anyone have any GOOD pics of a cf hood on a silver coupe? Or opinions? CF it or repaint?

E
On a silver coupe, Id go CF. In my opinion CF on silver looks real good. But do what you want to.

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kEyChAiN said:
Nice hood :up2: I noticed your TYC's have a painted bezel around the projectors.
Yup I got them from Broken Angel. He had taken them apart and painted them. Then after he did that, I bought them from him. :)

·
Hatin' on me hatin' on me
3,751 Posts
a99blackaccord said:
The fitment overall is good. On the passenger side the hood sticks up a little more than the fender but the driver's side is almost perfect. I like the getting rid of the pinstriping, but what would be best to remove it?
To remove pinstriping as well as any other vinyl/sticker/etc. The best method is to use a heat gun or blow dryer to heat it up, and then carefully peel off the sticker. If there is residue, WD40 or Goo-Gone will clean it up. Then just use some polish or wax cleaner to buff it to a clean shine.

Nice hood btw.

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
inspired1 said:
To remove pinstriping as well as any other vinyl/sticker/etc. The best method is to use a heat gun or blow dryer to heat it up, and then carefully peel off the sticker. If there is residue, WD40 or Goo-Gone will clean it up. Then just use some polish or wax cleaner to buff it to a clean shine.

Nice hood btw.
i removed me vtec tuning emblem off the rear last night and I just used some 3m remover to clean the residue. Thanks for the comments. :)

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
nice cf hood, how much did u pay? vis is better then seibon? and the washer holes were predrilled? can u take a shot of the underside skeleton of that hood? and how much does i weigh i u know...less then 20lbs? cuz the oem honda hood is quite heavy...when i took mine off i scratched up my car pretty good :(

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
kleptodathief said:
nice cf hood, how much did u pay? vis is better then seibon? and the washer holes were predrilled? can u take a shot of the underside skeleton of that hood? and how much does i weigh i u know...less then 20lbs? cuz the oem honda hood is quite heavy...when i took mine off i scratched up my car pretty good :(
klepto, why did you take your hood off, and you did it by yourself? Not the best ideas... Hoods are kinda heavy and im sure its tricky to unbolt and hold yourself without dropping it on your car...

E

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
wow looking good! Man I am very envious of you since I have yet to mount my cf hood back on. MN just had snow for the past 2 days. Last week it was 80 degrees, today we are sitting at 34 degrees

1 - 20 of 36 Posts