Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Northcoast Tuner
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm running out of stuff to do to my car, so I picked these up :D

They need to be painted, so I'm waiting for my dad to return my spray gun...

Also need to figure out the wiring. I think out stock mirrors only have 3 wires to hook up to the power motor. These have 7 wires. I cant think of the turn signals being anything more than 2 wires, so I'm thinking that they are probably heated as well, so my question is....

Does anyone have a pinout diagram for the Honda Inspire side mirrors? Sure, I can bust out the multimeter, but I'm looking for an easy way out :D

·
Out of my Mind, Somewhere
2,500 Posts
Where did you get those? And how much?

·
Northcoast Tuner
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And no, they didn't come painted, although it would have been nice :)

Upon further inspection:

The pink and purple wires are for the turn signals.

The yellow wires (1,2,3) are for the directional motor

And the black and white wires make MY SIDE MIRRORS FLAP LIKE A [email protected] BIRD!!!:rofl:

I forgot Japan has those power folding mirrors :)
And yeah, I'm definitely gonna try to hook them up for full functionality :D

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
ah.. no wonder.. its not painted.. dummy me.. lol..

yeah.. hurry up and let's see how it is.. :up:

·
Registered
581 Posts
No one is gonna help you out with an 04 ex sedan fully loaded, you cant be hurtin that bad hahaha

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
Good luck with those :) .

It doesn't look like any JDM Honda has those exact type of mirrors (integrated turn signal with power folding feature). I guess they only come on an Accord somewhere else in Asia or Europe.

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
Ah.. how's this? its from Taiwan Honda..

Ah, you're right. With a rough language translation on there site it does list them as being power folding. Good work :) .

I'm surprised the Inspire doesn't have that feature.

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
Ah, you're right. With a rough language translation on there site it does list them as being power folding. Good work :) .

I'm surprised the Inspire doesn't have that feature.
I am even more surprised that you could find a translated version? (or u just used altavista? lol.. )

hmm.. i think it just comes with the need of the territory.. TW is notorious for having very small parking space, and dobule or triple parrallel parking on the street.. so any space u can cut down between cars is a big plus..

another thing is people tends to walk a lot between parked cars and without folding them up it becomes very easy for the side mirrors to get damanged...

most accord owner in TW i talked to will also install an automated device that automatically folds the mirror when turning the car off...

·
Registered
96 Posts
:iagree:

When I was staioned in Okinawa, Japan alot of the Toyota Majestics -- Lexus.. had these auto-folding mirrors... as soon as you turn on the car.. BAMM.. they fold out and when you shut it off they fold in.. I believe the Inspire also does this.

·
Registered
755 Posts
i've seen a video with this before. not sure if it's an inspire but the file name said lexus. he arm the remote to lock the side blinker flash and fold in.

good luck with the mod it would be a great ++

1 - 20 of 44 Posts