Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'M AM SO HEATED RIGHT NOW. I just woke up to my entire passenger side scraped and messed up due to my dad scraping a garbage truck. Here are some pics:

Anyone know how much this is gonna cost me? Will they have to replace the entire rear fender, the entire side of the car or what?

I just wana get some heads up info before some stupid auto body tries to screw me over.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
New door, quarter panel, and reear bumper

·
THLA 2009 Bombsquad
9,831 Posts
wow youre going to need a new rear quarter panel .. those arent cheap .. whoa man im sorry that happened .. file an insurance claim and see how much they will pay or at least you just have to pay for your deductable

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
somewhere between 2-3 grand maybe... my guess ne ways..

find the parts yourself at junkyards and get it painted yourself is much cheaper.

·
Pedal damn it
3,913 Posts
that sucks :(

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Ouch, well my dad he'll contact the insurance and we'll get all those parts replace. Maybe this is a sign telling me to go get my aero kit and a opportunity to mod my car. hehheheh

·
863 Posts
do you guys have the same insurance, or on the same policy? If not, have him file with HIS insurance so it doesn't go against you.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I wouldn't go through insurance, just ends up costing more for you with increased premiums and deducticables... I would just go to the junkyard and ebay, buy the parts, and install them your self...

·
darkside / gen7accord.com
1,071 Posts
my integra was parked behind the TL one day in the driveway, just temporarily. You have to walk past my car to see it to get to the TL. My dad walked by my car and got into the TL, and didn't look back when he started pulling out (long-ish driveway), and WAM, smashed in the quarter panel, and it being part bondo, broke like an eggshell.

this was right after it was repainted (about a week after) and ready to go to a HIN show. I had to drop out and fix the car. Shortly after I gave up on the piece of junk and got the accord.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
wow, I understand how you feel... someone jacked up my rear quarter panel and bumper while at a freakin high school football game... but you got like 5 times more damage :eek:

·
I ♥ My Honda
1,891 Posts
word... dont go through insurance... not worth it!

the more claims you have the more chances they will drop you and youll def have higher premium. Always avioud insurance unless its something really bad.

Like others have said... go junkyard and get the pieces painted... i think you should be able to manage swapping the parts out or atleast some of them... this way you will save money. Maybe you will even find the color you need and wont need to paint!

DONT GO THROUGH INSURANCE!!!!!!

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
the quarter panel is going to be a big job it looks like.
its not like replacing a fender.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i went to:

Crocketts Premier Auto Body
(510) 741-9001
900 San Pablo Ave, Pinole, CA 94564
Car & Auto Body Repair & Paint

And they quoted me for $3,501 to replace quarter panel, rear bumper and passenger side door. They said that included the paint and everything.

But i dont want my car to look like 2 different colors. What kind of paintjob should be asking them for? I just want my car to look like a normal car. No need to be new paint. What is color tint? they asked if i wanted that. I really want a paintjob to match my entire car.

Thanks for the help you guys. Looks like we might just pay for it ourselves and screw the insurance.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts