Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
St. Louis!
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the biggest crock of shiet ive ever read, someone please tell me that im not crazy in thinking this. God I hate my dealer.

To: [email protected]
Sent: Thu, 19 May 2005 11:10:27 -0500
Subject: HFP PACKAGE INSTALLATION

In response to your recent inquiry about your 04 LX 4dr with the installation
of a FP Coupe package.

There is no rear camber kit available for future fixes, also AHM does not
offer a kit for the 4dr Accord presenting a problem when trying to install a
Coupe kit on a 4dr. Part numbers for OE struts etc. are different for 4dr
than Coupes. At this time it would have to be said that the kit would not fit
and could possible void factory warranties if installed along with creating a
possible handling and safety problem for your car if installed. Huey's Honda
would have to respectfully decline any installation of said found kit.
Thank you for your
time and interest,

Mark Fischer
Parts Manager/Huey's Honda

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
So you're getting upset that they won't install parts that arent made for your car? :rolleyes:

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
Kingof3rdinput said:
This is the biggest crock of shiet ive ever read, someone please tell me that im not crazy in thinking this. God I hate my dealer.

To: [email protected]
Sent: Thu, 19 May 2005 11:10:27 -0500
Subject: HFP PACKAGE INSTALLATION

In response to your recent inquiry about your 04 LX 4dr with the installation
of a FP Coupe package.

There is no rear camber kit available for future fixes, also AHM does not
offer a kit for the 4dr Accord presenting a problem when trying to install a
Coupe kit on a 4dr. Part numbers for OE struts etc. are different for 4dr
than Coupes. At this time it would have to be said that the kit would not fit
and could possible void factory warranties if installed along with creating a
possible handling and safety problem for your car if installed. Huey's Honda
would have to respectfully decline any installation of said found kit.
Thank you for your
time and interest,

Mark Fischer
Parts Manager/Huey's Honda
The dealer has to say no because they have to protect there own butts.. If they did install the kit and you get into an accident because of a fault kit who do you sue? You can't sue the Honda Corp USA. b/c it was not design for that car. Sue the Dealer for faulty install. THe dealer does not want to be sued of course.. and if they are going to be sued they prefer to be backup by Honda HQ.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Kingof3rdinput said:
VTEC-V6! said:
So you're getting upset that they won't install parts that arent made for your car?

I think you're crazy. :hide:

·
Registered
836 Posts
VTEC-v6! said:
So you're getting upset that they won't install parts that arent made for your car? :rolleyes:
:werd:

if its not designed for your car, they wont nor do they have any obligation to install it. if your car spins out and mows down a crowd of people because you have a coupe suspension on a sedan, they dont want you going after them saying they installed a wrong suspension. when you run a business you have to think about these things, especially in the sue-happy nation that is America. its too big of a liability risk.

if you want it, buy it and install it yourself. it will physically fit on a sedan, its been done before.

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
Kingof3rdinput said:
:) k, guess im wrong :gotme:
Don't give up yet...... look what I found. :D

If you go to most any site that sells the oem Honda accessories, they all pretty much use the same verbage to describe any one particular accessory. You know, whatever Honda has come up with for a description of that part. Well, for the HFP suspension, here is what they say: (cut & pasted from H and A's site..... note the 2nd line) ;)

Honda Factory Performance Sport Suspension
For V6 Models only. 2 and 4 door.
High performance springs reduce ride height by about one-inch and lower the Accord's roll center.
High performance shock absorbers are tuned for enhanced road handling characteristics and decreased body roll.
Includes set of 4.
Not as great of a handling improvement on 6 speed models as they already have upgraded suspension from the factory.
Note: Not returnable for any reason. All sales final.
NOT for Hybrid (IMA) Model

·
St. Louis!
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
already got HFP, and its definately what im lookin for. I wasnt even gonna get a drop, but I decided on a subtle one.

·
Registered
748 Posts
1. see if a diff honda dealer will do it
2. Order it off the net, get it installed somewhere else

·
St. Louis!
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not gonna reward Honda for anything. Theres probably 200 shops within 10 minutes of my house that wont rip me off as bad as them.

·
Squarely Stock
144 Posts
Hey Kingof3rd input, I'm a fellow 7th gen sedan owner and it's good to find the ocassional few people who are interested in modding a sedan as much as me.

So have you figured out the HFP suspension? Does it need a rear camber kit? I noticed you were comparing between the Ingalls and the other one, but I don't recall seeing a final answer.

Also keep us updated on your other mods for the sedan!

·
St. Louis!
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm going ingalls. I've heard only good things. AND IAPdirect(one of the v6p vendors) is offering them up for $129 shipped!! Cant beat that anywhere.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well I purchased the Honda Factory Performance Sport Suspension online and installed in my 4cyl sedan at a Honda Dealership. No problems. Nothing else needed then what was shipped. I love it.

·
St. Louis!
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hmm, thanks askani, im gonna actually try other dealerships now. figured all the same BS. how much did you pay? no negative camber?

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
Kingof3rdinput said:
so im NOT crazy. TY.
You knew you weren't. ;)

And you're welcome.

Askani said:
Well I purchased the Honda Factory Performance Sport Suspension online and installed in my 4cyl sedan at a Honda Dealership. No problems. Nothing else needed then what was shipped. I love it.
Did you get an alignment? What were your rear specs? Both before and after aligning.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts