Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
1quick240
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car today to get dynoed at Dyno Comp in Scottsdale, Az. They did three runs, and out of the three runs the most horsepower that they got was 200.6 hp to the wheels. I also got 180lbs of torque. I am some what dissapointed. because I thought I would of gotten atleast 210 to the wheels and atleast 195lbs of torque. All i have is an AEM cai, running 10w30 (??) mobil one oil and 91 octane. The also gave me a copy of my A/F. From what i can read i am between 12.0-13.0 through my rpms. When I learn how to upload I will post my charts. Or if any one else know i can email them my charts so they can post them. On a side not, i am very impressed with brex and sick6speed dyno results. 230hp and 185 tq and 240hp and 225tq. That is a Sh!# load of torque sick6speed :D Thumbs up all the way.

·
1quick240
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ha...i tried posting it myself. doesn't seem to work. What to i have to do?

·
ex scientia vera
3,570 Posts
pch said:
ha...i tried posting it myself. doesn't seem to work. What to i have to do?

To post pictures, you must have the images posted somewhere on the internet. You have the
tags right, but you have to paste the URL of the picture in between those tags. To host the pictures, you can utilize the space in your personal gallery provided to every V6P member. :up2:

·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
5,056 Posts
pch said:
On a side not, i am very impressed with brex and sick6speed dyno results. 230hp and 185 tq and 240hp and 225tq. That is a Sh!# load of torque sick6speed :D Thumbs up all the way.
- sick6speed dynoed on a clayton.
- you dynoed on a dyno dynamics.

They are NOT comparable and will NOT give similar results.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Turbo Magazine Dyno Dash Comparison Chart of 350Z...Clayton is much higher!!!! See (www.turbomagazine.com/ tech/0306tur_dynodash/)

Dyno HP TQ
Dynapack 249.4 242.8
DTS 257.6 556.5*
Dynojet (Win) 235.8 227.8
Dynojet (DOS) 243.7 237.2
Clayton 265.7 240.6
Super Flow 228.9 226.6

Ford Ranger Aug '04 issue of SCC

Dynapack @ A'PEXi - 157hp/179lb-ft
Dynamic Test Sytems @ XS Engineering - 155hp/181lb-ft
Maha @ AMS - 105hp/120lb-ft
Dyno Dynamics @ Vishnu - 102hp/142lb-ft
Dynojet @ HKS - 152hp/193lb-ft
Dynojet @ K&N - 156hp/196lb-ft

·
Stoner Boner
830 Posts
I used a Mustang Dyno which always has read MUCH less, and I came out with 226HP/206TQ average. I dyno'd on a dynojet in March 04 with just CAI and had 231ish whp? I can't wait to redyno to see what I really have off of a dynojet.

·
1quick240
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can some one explain to me how dyno machines differ. I thought they were all the same. Also what gear do you guys do your pulls in? I have heard that because we have 6 speed tranny the closes gear that is 1:1 is fourth. I don't know what that really means either :D , but i remember that was a topic on a g35 coupe forum. Can someone explain that to me too. Thanx everyone for your replies.

·
Stoner Boner
830 Posts
Yes, 4th gear is closest to 1:1 ratio, always dyno in that gear with TCS off.

As far as different dynos? So much varies. I'm not too knowledgeable on them, but I do know that a Mustang Dyno, on the computer, they put the weight of your car in and the (wind resistance, forgetting the term)...in to calculate while you are actually DRIVING what whp you are putting down that is moving the car. On a dynojet they just flat out test whp with no other calculations in. Other than those two dynos, I don't know jack about the rest.

·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
5,056 Posts
pch said:
Can some one explain to me how dyno machines differ. I thought they were all the same. Also what gear do you guys do your pulls in? I have heard that because we have 6 speed tranny the closes gear that is 1:1 is fourth. I don't know what that really means either :D , but i remember that was a topic on a g35 coupe forum. Can someone explain that to me too. Thanx everyone for your replies.
here is an excellent paper on just that topic.

http://www.sae.org/servlets/productDetail?PROD_TYP=PAPER&PROD_CD=2002-01-0887

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
quick question on dynoing

when you guys are dynoed do they put a large, and i mean large fan in front of the car to simulate the air that should be flowing around the car and into the engine etc? im not talking the regular 30 inch diameter box fan btw.

i remember reading in a car magazine how putting various fans of different sizes in front of a dyno changed the charts pretty significantly.

just wondering what the general trend was.

·
Stoner Boner
830 Posts
When I got my car dyno'd they used 3 fans in the front. A HUGE one and 2 "smaller" ones (not small by any means). It just helps force air through the radiator to keep it cool and to push air in the intake.

·
1quick240
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When they did my dyno, I too also had a large fan and two small one. I kinda wanted to face one of those small one by my cai filter to suck more air in :D . I also wanted to add that I called the dyno place and asked them about dynoing (sp?) in 4th gear. He said no because his dyno machine was a load bearing dyno. I don't know what that means. But, that doesn't explain to me why exactly he chose 3rd over 4th. maybe beacuse of the fact that 4th goes to 120 and 3rd 80.

·
Registered
128 Posts
PCH, I went to intense in tempe, with topnotch and a bunch of srt-4's (my lil bro has one) and dynoed 3 runs.....2 in 4th, and 1 in 3rd. the 2 in 4th were at 220hp and 195tq to the wheels, the 3rd gear pull was at 225hp and 200tq. I have lost the dyno sheet, so i cant back this up, but its the truth.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts